Is my pool "offline"?

Alexd,

I was wondering if the pledge vs delegation makes any difference. if I move my coins that’s delegated to pledge. If it doesn’t, then I’ll just leave it in delegation instead. Then I’ll just find more coins to delegate to improve the chances.
Thanks

nope, delegation same as pledge, no extra impact

Some extra info. 100k ada staked is about a 10% to mint 1 block with a lot of luck. 1Million ada is about a 99% chance of a 1 block, but nothing is guaranteed.

Thanks ToTheMoonADA

that’s an easy problem to solve then

trade out more of the other cryptos for ADA and put them into ADA staking pool

luck is a cruel thing. I’m mining doge solo with 93gh/s, sometimes I solved a block in less than a day :slight_smile: and sometimes a week or more :frowning:

You can goto Adapools.org and search some pools ( smaller pools, bigger pools, etc ) and their blocks. You’ll get a rough idea of what it’ll take to mint a block.

Goodluck and best wishes! if you decide not to be an SPO because it does get discouraging due to luck. Please consider one of the smaller pools available.

To be fair, I think if there a mechanism that allows all stakes holders to get an equal chance to mint.

How about changing an epoch to be slotted first by round robin to all stake pools that have active stakes. Then the remaining slots done by the current method of luck and # of stakes?

Or take % of saturation out of the luck equation, so that saturated pools have the same chance of minting as unsaturated pools.

Hi Alex. Any chance you can help me out? I have a similar problem with my BGOOD pool. I have two relays and they have been working for a while and I have even recently minted a block. I can see the pool in Daedelus and stake to it but it is not visible in Yoroi. pooltool.io shows my relays offline and so does pool.vet. I believe adapools shows the same with a red !. I am not sure where I have gone wrong. Any suggestions?

How are the relays? Are synced?

I see u registered the Relays with the private IP which is not ok, the private IPs are not routable on internet… only public IPs

both relays synched with peers out and in.

U will need to register the relays with the public IP

ok. that makes sense. So use the public address combined with the specific relay port then?

Exactly, the public IP with the specific port for each relay

Thanks Alex. I will re-register then. Much appreciated.

You are welcome