Is There Anyone Working At this Place?

The marketing campaign I have designed is very inexpensive to implement. All that is required is actual engagement. Doing something. If just 1000 people would dedicate $30 total, and 10 minutes/day, we could expose millions of people to ADA.

But the vast majority of the population are too comfortably numb to be bothered.

1 Like

What are the goals of the campaign? Are you trying to simply put the word “Cardano” in front of people’s faces? Or, are you trying to get people to see your ad and then educate themselves? Are you trying to generate clicks? If so, what is your target Click Through Rate? Realistically, how effective do you see this campaign being? I mean, I can buy a billboard on the side of the freeway for a revolutionary way to rid a house of termites, but if no one knows/thinks that they have termites in their house, then what is the point? Sure, millions of people get exposed to the ad, but it’s effectiveness was absolutely awful.

ADA’s value is not dependent on the number of speculative buyers that we can bring into the ecosystem. The value is derived from building real world use cases on the network and driving adoption that way. If we can agree on that, would it not make most sense to spend resources on advertising the developer experiences?

4 Likes

If IOHK:s purpose is to build the system, Emurgos purpose is find and negotiate the partners and customers, the role of the KF might be arising brand recognition - at this phase amongst developers but right after Shelly gradually develope recognizibility first amongst Cryptoenthusiasts and later masses. For example It was lucky coindicence that after two weeks studying I found Ada by some artickle. The new investors who come to playground deserves to know this gem and there is nothing wrong to inform about this investing opportunity.

Emurgos last Tweet is the best possible marketing though:

ICYMI: Behind the scenes EMURGO’s marketing dep’t has been prepping for a new partnership announcement at Japan Blockchain Conference! #EMURGO Booth #14 | JBC | Jan. 30-31 | EMURGO is the commercial arm of Cardano and our mission is to build a Global Cardano! #EMURGOJBC2019

I am going to make the assumption that you are talking about the Plutus Playground on the testnet… That being the case, I couldn’t agree more! It is a great tool and is an excellent tool to allow devs to begin experimenting with a new functional PL derived specifically for smart contracts. And for those of us that are willing to take the time to dive into cryptos, blockchains and PLs, this is an extremely exciting roadmap to watch unfold. But for someone who is not educated on the crypto space, or doesn’t have the time to become educated, how do you stress the significance to them in a way that doesn’t come across as just another hyped-up promise like TPS numbers on EOS, Ripple, and the likes?

The fact is that Cardano has made a strong name for itself in the crypto arena, and as IOHK continues to progress the protocol, we will likely find more and more organic growth occurring due to people abandoning other communities in favor of Cardano. I just hold the strong belief that in order to really bring someone into the ecosystem it is a 3-4 week commitment minimum. Showing your average teacher, nurse, carpenter or handyman a one minute video or an ad on the subway is not going to motivate them to think “Oh, I should spend 3-4 weeks learning about this Cardano cryptocurrency thing!”. We have an ample number of speculators in the scene already. It’s time that we advertise the tools to build on Cardano to devs. Shortly after that, then the target market becomes the users of those new dApps (Ethiopian coffee farmers) and also looking for similar opportunities to clone and tweak the use case. Maybe something like supply chain management of livestock in Wyoming?

2 Likes

Mission Statement:

"The Evolution is a movement designed to increase awareness and adoption of blockchain technology. We who make up this movement believe that the current systems of finance and government are diseased and corrupted beyond repair. Given the history of deception and inequality (both financial and legal) within these systems, we believe the only way to truly evoke change is to transcend these obsolete systems and adopt a new system.

We believe this new system is blockchain technology. The new systems built using blockchain technology are based upon truth and transparency.

We who make up The Evolution believe that the digital asset ADA holds truest to these principles. We also believe it to be the most secure and dependable blockchain based economy on the planet. It is for these reasons we have chosen the ADA symbol to represent The Evolution."

We are putting the ADA symbol in front of people;s faces, literally, with enough accompanying information to lead people to our website, where the education is provided.

The effectiveness will be proportional to the number of people participating, We are, in one strategic action, simultaneously making the statement that the fiat monetary system is dying and that the new system (ADA) is the next step in the evolution of $. So we are: 1. Informing people that the house that is the fiat monetary system is full of termites. 2. Cardano is the new termite-resistant house that is open to move into.

Wise words. And short term speculators really do nothing but harm, because the volatility is allways bad for any currency. Still long term investors are necessity to grow some value to currencys market cap. It is not only technical achievments what matters in the usability of the coin but also creditability in the size of the currencys market cap. That is because the currency is less volatile when the coin’s value/market cap is higher - this is also why Ripples wish is to Increase XRP’s value. Milder volatility is in the end also beneficial to Ada and coffee farmers.

There are some really good videos in youtube where are explained to novice about how cryptos are natural evolution after fiat like Zenman described. I think this message is achieving masses right now. For example finnish newspaper ”HS” had one page article about the issue and STO coins last sunday.
I think what Zenman has proposed with guerilla marketing is what we can do at the moment to achieve the same recognition in long term as Bitcoin has achieved. At least that does not cost nothing but effort of the community.

1 Like

I can totally get behind what you’re saying. I think this holds merit at some point, but I think we might be putting the carriage in front of the horse at the moment. Cardano is not in a position to draw first time users into the space. Maybe we leave that to Bitcoin, and Ethereum to a lesser extent? After all, crypto to the masses is a way to make massive returns when it moons, not a technology for value transfer in the future. I think your true believers come from significant exposure to the crypto space in general. They don’t come from seeing a billboard or a bunch of stickers posted all over their local community. That’s all. Maybe some others will weigh-in as well?

1 Like

I still don’t understand how you expect the masses to go from “Hey, some anarchists stamped my dollar notes” to “I really should educate myself about our financial system and this Cardano thing that will save the world.” People will just see this “A” on their bills but how should this influence them?

This is like asking someone to explain Cardano to them.

There are half a dozen really smart guys working this through (one’s a psychologist). Trust me, if people just get involved, this will work.

When the website comes up it’ll be self-explanatory.

1 Like

We provide context by including Bitcoin, then we narrow it down to Cardano by simply stating that we invest in ADA because it’s the best (safest, most dependable, etc.) crypto. It’s more the ideology we are promoting than the practicality. This may upset computer nerds, but if you want to connect with the most most people in the most powerful way, you gonna elicit emotion. With women especially. The “women” demographic is fairly substantial.