It is time for Cardano to deliver something tangible

Hi @Noobnoob

What makes now any different to the last 18 months or the next 18 months? If IOHK implement a platform that drives demand for ADA and the price goes up (I assume this is the expectation given you posted in the Trading category) then that is great. But is that what was “promised”?

All that has been promised is the building of a third generation blockchain platform using science and formal methods, that people can then choose to use or not. IOHK could finish everything on the roadmap in 2020, but that doesn’t guarantee adoption and therefore demand for ADA.

It would certainly be a shame if nobody used it, but these things do happen in the tech industry. Hopefully at least some of the science and research will still be of value to others in this space if that does happen.

So, what do you mean by

If you are holding ADA in the hope that it increases in value, then I don’t think anyone promised this would happen.

For me, if ADA bottoms out and I lose the fiat I invested into it, then firstly I knew this was a risk. But to be honest I am prepared to accept that risk as I see the project as a worthwhile venture. I can think of my money as a donation in that respect. I have only put in what I can afford to lose and what I would be happy to donate to an interesting science/technology project.

4 Likes