It takes way to long to restore a paper wallet

This post originally said “NEVER AGAIN” I don’t know where it came from? if it was me, I assure you it came from a place of “despair” and fear. clearly wrong and uncalled for! I have sincerely appoligize below, plese hear that!

1 Like

And they say it’s improved over what…they should be embarrassed about the performance. I think it is an epic fail!!!
So much for quality code…I have to to bed and let it run over night! I have no confidence III it passing…just hope for the best…,the Waller sucks at best!

They are embarrassed don’t worry. That’s why they are rewriting the whole thing. They say 1.4 (october) should be much much faster.

1 Like

Hi @ijblissjr Ira, I’m really sorry to hear this.

Please can you head on over to https://daedaluswallet.io/faq/ and support a ticket. It’s really important to feedback any issues you have.

Thanks so much.

Jon

1 Like

Please let me start out by saying I apologize for how I behaved in this situation. Being an (accident induced) retired software product developer, I should have been more sensitive and understanding.

I see the way the team responded to my plea for help with getting this resolved quickly and I am well pleased. The teams’ actions have restored my faith in the Cardano project.

Considering the scope of the project, I feared that my frustration would fall on deaf ears. I heard them talk about code refactoring/improvements yet I still had a significant investment locked up in a paper wallet. A paper wallet I merely wanted to have restored into Daedalus within a reasonable amount of time. Having to allow my machine to run this process, exclusively overnight was very short of my expectations.

Since this time, I have had a chance to gain greater insight into Charles and their operations. Honestly, I have been nothing but enamored with Charles work ethic and the teams’ dedication to the project.

I lacked having patience and confidence in the project. I feared I did not get heard. After learning about Charles dedication and commitment to the project, I feel he has contributed to giving not less than stellar performance. I have nothing but respect for him and the Cardano teams involved.

• please, I wish Charles would get this:_**
    I can’t say enough good things about you, sir. When I hear you give status updates, I am in “awe!” the whole time! (If you knew you me, you would understand, I love and insist on having chips with a great sandwich yo complete the experience… on that note I say this…“Charles, you are all that and a bag of chips!” (perhaps skipping breakfast was not such a good idea this AM?) ~Cheers my friend,
2 Likes

I’m very sorry for being so harsh! I was wrong and I apologize for being hasty!, Please accept my sincere apology below as I spent time to construct it from a new found respect for Charels and the Cardano Team(s). ! cheers, Ira Bliss Jr.

3 Likes

'm very sorry for being so harsh! I was wrong and I apologize for being hasty!, Please accept my sincere apology below as I spent time to construct it from a new found respect for Charels and the Cardano Team(s). ! cheers, Ira Bliss

p.s, I have not seen your message(s) until now, I never expected a response like this.

3 Likes

Hello @ijblissjr Ira! Thanks very much for your kind words. We are here to help as much as possible and the community here is absolutely second to none :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m revisiting the post just to say, you are absolutely correct! you folks are on the ball and I AM SUPER EXCITED FOR CARDANO!!!

3 Likes

Thanks for saying this. I’m also feeling very positive about this project and grateful to be here.

1 Like