My transaction history for my wallet was being synched with the Blockchain i has been 10 hours...and has 23+ hours to go

I updated this post…see…the time is pretty dang close to what I wrote this AM…
Help…I’m in the beginning of a wallet upgrade
It says 4% (1day 10 hours,27 minutes…

Can I stop it? I can’t risk losing my coins

What do I do?

Note, I am livid about this issue…I should have kept it in Yoroi, but figured this was not only safer, but would be easier for staking!

Also note:this is the second time Ihad an experience Like this and Daedalus…the last time I had half the number of coins in a paper wallet I was looking to restore.

I love this project and I am a big fan. I’m also a retired software engineer,responsible for implementing mission critical,financial services applications written in Java. So Ihave a little experience with the testing process…Help me understand while all possible test cases were not considered?

what should I do? I have a very small number of coins on an change I want to add…I guess Yoroi and then Daedalus? if I can do stake from Yoroi I am done with daedal and paper wallets to be honest…

ira

As long as you have the 12 word backup phrase, you’re not risking the coins. If you have the phrase you can import the Daedalus wallet into Yoroi even.

Yoroi is pretty safe and will support staking BTW.

3 Likes

My post cannot be empty so I am adding this. I wasn’t happy with the way this post turned out.

I love the Cardano project. I strongly dislike Daedalus!! Yoroi ROCKS MY SOCKS,!,it’s the cats ass! Ok that doesn’t look good type,but trust me…it’s all that…

daedalus need to be taken out back and shot!!

The only thing unique is the size of my wallet! That the only thing “not so common? “ I am All in on this project!

EPIC FAIL. for the paper wallet!
EPIC FAIL. On migrating from the old Daedalus to the1.4

It says it will take more than a day for these either things to take place.

I never have gone back to trying Paper wallet
After this I am never going back to Daedalus !

Yoroi works like a CHAMP. I just put it back to Daedalus this one time for Staking when it happens.

My post cannot be empty so I am adding this. I wasn’t happy with the way this post turned out.

I love the Cardano project. I strongly dislike Daedalus!! Yoroi ROCKS MY SOCKS,!,it’s the cats ass! Ok that doesn’t look good type,but trust me…it’s all that…

daedalus need to be taken out back and shot!!

The only thing unique is the size of my wallet! That the only thing “not so common? “ I am All in on this project!

EPIC FAIL. for the paper wallet!
EPIC FAIL. On migrating from the old Daedalus to the1.4

It says it will take more than a day for these either things to take place.

I never have gone back to trying Paper wallet
After this I am never going back to Daedalus !

Yoroi works like a CHAMP. I just put it back to Daedalus this one time for Staking when it happens.

See above please

I did not want to risk any loss. Plus it would not have stopped the clock? I would have had to wait at some point!

After 14hours+ restoring my wallet stands at 5% [ 4days, 16 Hours, 4 minutes, 14 seconds ] … I am cable connected and I must say THIS IS RIDICULOUS !

Plan B … getting a new laptop cos it might be my PC/laptop problem not the Wallet :wink:

1 Like

Same here. Everything went smooth but first it said it would need 5 days, then 22 days, then 2 days 11h and this is what it sais since yesterday evening. I see it processing so I don’t think it’s frozen. I don’t need my wallet now so I just let the computer run and will have a look when I’ll come home this evening but I have to admit that there is always a certain difference in what I expect from Cardano and what I experience.

What I didn’t like so far:

• There should be a warning that it will need quite some time so the update should not be started if the wallet is needed or the computer needs to be switched off soon.
  • If there is a countdown showing even the seconds (!) then I would expect that it updates in reasonable time intervals.
  • It’s a bit strange to see a warning that I should switch off the Windows firewall for the update.

I really wonder if that behaviour of the update is what it was intended to be…

2 Likes

Mine seemed to be working fine except only the percentage done and time remaining stopped changing. Fixed it by going into Windows Defender Firewall, allowing all cardano-node instances onto public network, and restarting node via network status screen

2 Likes

I am not happy today. Charles if you see this or anyone from Cardano in fact…

I am not just some kid from the internet that has nothing better to do with their time than to pee on someone else’s Cheerios! I am a 48-year-old retired software engineer (due to an accident).
I am fully in Cardano, I have a 2013 iMac with, 3,5 GHz machine with 32 GB of RAM…its old but not dead! When it comes to computer knowledge, I consider myself to be well above average!

The being said, I would consider myself to be a good candidate for trying the software…I will tell you ANYTHING ELSE you need to know!

I am the biggest Cardano fan! This is the only project I am currently invested in! (stupid? To each their own!) I think is great and I support you that much!

This is not my first rodeo when it comes to Daedalus! I complaine about the time it takes to recover a paper wallet! I since forgot the length of time, but it was like over a day! Why?

HEAR ME, DAEDALUS SUCKS ASS!

Maybe it’s my fault for having a BIG wallet? NO, that’s a bunch of crap Charles! It was not rigorously tested! If it was, then you would know that Daedalus can’t handle the volume and you release it anyway with no warning since it would only impact the small percentage of people that have big wallets??? that cant be! I only have a few thousand dollars in this project. PEANUTS COMPARED TO OTHERS THAT ARE NOT speaking up?

It hurts me to say this to you, sir, because I love and admire you so much! I think you and the team are Awesome! Charles, you and your work, floor me! I am all in your project!!

This is not personal Charles, this is business! You guys let Daedalus go out with a bug! I have not messed with the Paper wallet since my last incident,"taking over a day to rebuild a wallet! NO WAY!

I am reluctant to try things I consider risky…BESIDES, I used Yoroi Yoroi was FANTASTIC! Great piece of code right there…so I know full well Cardano team can deliver!!! perfect!

I only went back into Daedalus because I assumed 3 things:

1. more secure
  2. Yoroi had not been set up for staking
    3, I assumed it was fixed.

now another true fact about Daedalus…it is secure and rock solid in terms of because of even though I deleted it…on the reinstall, it came back without a hitch! very cool there!

But let’s get back to the problem I have with Daedalus and 1.4 the “fixed” fixed piece of code?
Yesterday I started the migration from the “old” format to he new at around 11AM …It had been running exclusively on the machine I described above, except for me typing this message!

image image

I’m not sure if this will show up but 68% and 9hours …
Well over a day!

I think next time I will try to set up a dedicated Daedalus machine in the back room? Far from ideal, but doable. Maybe I will try Linux, no K.I.S.S …

Well, I am done ranting. It was imperative that I said something because I want this project to succeed!! I could delete what I have written and forgotten this because I am still marching forward. I have a lot more than the average invested…I say this for no other reason to give perspective my level of commitment. Let this be this to my conviction…

Charles and team, I know you are the rockstars I have come to know…

I hope there are others in the community that shares my sentiments…

this was a messy experience… let’s call it what it is and press on!

I know we can do this… let’s keep it together and bring the greatness of Cardano in to fruition!

Warm Regards, Ira Bliss Jr!
i apologize in adbance for the typos. I’m not stupid, I was hit by a car, on the expressway, as a pedestrian…so I type one-handed, looking at the keys and my vision was seriously affected.

In the word(s) of my man Charles…Cheers!

1 Like

I’ve listened to your tale.

Mine says 2weeks+? Is there some sort of error?

It took a total of 20 hrs to get the new wallet installed and synced. It all looks good and working. No issues. Just be patient.

20hrs VS 2wks,4days, 22 hours something is a HUGE difference. :frowning:

I’ll just keep trying and letting my comp run. Although the time status does not change.

When I first started installing it said 3 weeks 6 days and 20 hrs :sob:. But at the end it was 20 hrs. Just make sure your antivirus software, windows defender firewall and windows defender antivirus is off. It made a big difference when I turned them off.

2 Likes

I just moved some tokens from Binanace into the wallet with no issues.

1 Like

SLOW your roll, Amigo!!!

Seriously, I went through the exact same problems that you did! But I’m here to tell you something two days later it’s done it works great.

The problem with the software… is that the software or your computer is … I am still typing I just want to get this sent off and I will send the next message soon stay tuned

Does the progress bar change during the 20hrs?

so it’s not the software or the problem of the computer… they work just fine it runs slower than expected but that’s just where the problem lies…

expectations were improperly set the teams did not set the expectations explicitly, it wasn’t pleasant by end users!! we expected this to run in a reasonable amount of time like maybe an hour tops… so when we saw 44 weeks or 22 days or whatever it seemed preposterous

the truth is there was just an initial estimation the software guess…just like most softwareƒƒ your time. those that were made but after a limited time of numbers went down considerably in the something more realistic.

the truth is you should have nothing else running machine ideally when doing this migration to 1.4… otherwise, it will incur a large amount of time for the process to complete! but it will complete! and the process is bulletproof as mentioned by the Cardani Effect Podcast! ( listening to those guys a cutdown foundation is a must because they get the facts straight) They even said it takes longer but more importantly Rick and Philipa mention you could stop and start Daedalus…and it would keep going! I also tested this and it keeps working like a champ…seeWe can use our computer while the migration takes place without a hitch…(I didn’t know until after I finished ranting…jump, Im stupid!

this whole issue is nothing more than a communication error! All this fuss over nothing. And I accept some of the blame for that desire rented a bit too soon. before I knew what the issues were and I am very very sorry!

I WAS WRONG FOR RANTING AND I AM SO SO SORRY CARDANO FOUNDATION (Charles, please hear this.)

if you knew the software takes a long time to complete migration especially in older computers, large wallet sizes or heavily fragmented transaction, give users a heads up this will eliminate hopefully, the endless rants that people have about their disappointment with the software.

This project is goint to the moon! Rexap: Daedalus is a fine piece of software…there is just a heck of alot more going on behind the scenes than I erver gave credit! Yoroi and Daedalus are bu;;et proof piece of code! (they just do more than we comprehebd! The Cardano Effect gets Mad Props on thier conent a must sere podcast! Chares, you are theman! Cardano fans everywere love ya…in closing…

JOIN US BRING CARDANO GREATNESS TO FRUITION!