Kraken to Daedalus & Daedalus slow

Hi everyone
I just joined this forum. I’ve held ada in a kraken wallet for quite some time and now decided to send it to a daedalus wallet. My daedalus has been synching for a while and the transfer went through a little while ago (I think) but daedulus still shows 0 transaction history or the received ada - I sent the ada ca. 1h ago
I know a full daedalus sync can take a while, but I’m just wondering whether the ada not appearing yet has something to do with the fact that daedalus hasn’t synched.
I’d appreciate any feedback on this! Thanks

2 Likes

Yes Daedalus is slow because its a fullnode wallet. This means you are downloading the whole history of the Cardano blockchain and thats also the reason your transaction isnt shown up yet because this transaction happened in a block which hasnt been synced yet.

Is there a reason you are using Daedalus over a litewallet like Typhon or Eternl? If not id recommand to use a litewallet instead.

1 Like

@boelljohn if you decide to use Typhon or Eternl, you don’t need to create a new wallet. Just restore your seed phrase from Daedalus. This is where Cardano is superior. :grinning:

Isn’t it quite similar on all cryptocurrencies? Standards for key derivation that ensure that the interface application is not that relevant?

1 Like

Ok thanks for the feedback- I have no particular reason for using Daedalus over a litewallet, so I’ll check Typhon and Eternl. Could lace be another option to restore my seed phrase from Daedalus?

Yes thats also an option :slight_smile:

How ever i prefer to use and support some other dev’s outside of IOG because we are looking for a decentralized network and if everything comes from IOG, its definitly not what we want :smiley: but thats just my personal opinion and as i said, its totaly fine if you are using Lace.

Lace has not been started on mainnet and it will – in my opinion – be many more months, until it is ready to be used there.

If they keep the current design decisions, I would not advise to restore a Daedalus wallet in it. Lace will be a single-address wallet and at the moment they decided to completely ignore funds on all other addresses of a wallet. For every Daedalus wallet that you have used for some time, you will only find a fraction of your funds in Lace if any.

Gotcha! I’ve imported my ADA into an Eternl wallet, not lace - all worked out!

1 Like

Congrats, Eternl is a nice wallet, I use it too. Lace is still in testnet