Language support

Hi everyone,

Lately, the landing page of the Cardano Forum offers the possibility to quickly access six additional languages. It is my understanding that those are highlighted because the Cardano Foundation can support them (or their curation) via CF employed staff proficient in those languages.

I’d like here to advocate for the recruitment of a French speaker within the CF to curate a FR section on this Cardano Forum. I will shamelessly copy/paste what anyone can find on Wikipedia regarding the french language:

French is estimated to have about 76 million native speakers and about 235 million daily, fluent speakers[14][1][15] and another 77 to 110 million secondary speakers who speak it as a second language to varying degrees of proficiency, mainly in Africa.

As a Cardano Ambassador - Translator EN/FR, my position is of course anything but unbiased. However, I think It is quite easy to agree on the fact that the long-term African strategy of Cardano is cutting itself off a non-negligible portion of the continent. It was actually my only motivation to get started on these translations.

To be extremely clear about my intentions here, I am not pushing my resume to the CF. I’d like to hear alternative opinions about that, and may be a higher-level argumentation about this state of affairs other than “we don’t have the staff”.

Cheers,

11 Likes

Completely approve. I would add that French is one of the few languages that is recognized as international for diplomatic/political exchanges and certainly deserves to be represented at the CF. Especially as Cardano envisions to be a platform that offers a wide range of societal/political applications in the future.

3 Likes

Changed category to Feedback, as more appropriate.

Thanks Rob :smiley:

1 Like

Selon l’Observatoire de la Francophonie, le français est la troisième langue des affaires dans le monde et la deuxième en Europe.

3 Likes

Just because the headquarters of the CF is based in Zug (Switzerland), they should at least support the 3 official languages of Switzerland (German 62%+, French 22%+, Italian 8%+).
Just my 0.20 CHF

1 Like