Ledger asking again to connect on Cardano App Yoroi not able to send

I did login on the Ledger live. However, once I click on Cardano app to get the “Waiting for commands…”. The Ledger Live ask me to connect device again which is an error since the device was already connected and I cannot “Navigate to the Dashboard on your device” while on the screen “Waiting for commands” which force me to disconnected the Ledger Nano S, reconnect and experience the same issue.

I am not able to take my ADAs our of Yoroi at the moment.

PS: Yes, I have the latest version on everything.

Hello,

you need to close the Cardano app when you are connecting to the manager in Ledger live. To close it press the right button 2 times to go down until “quit app” is on the display, now press both buttons at the same time.

Best thing is to close Ledger Live when connecting to Yoroi. You will need Ledger Live only for updates.

6 Likes

Thank you! You are right. My bad!

It’s not very intuitive.

I am trying to send my ADA from Yoroi to Kraken but an error is occurring. It is very confusing to me, because I very easily sent ADA from Binance into Yoroi, that was easy. But now a week later, when I go to send it out, i get an error message that says “Something unexpected happened. Please retry.”

So here’s the breakdown, After opening Yoroi, I go to SEND, after entering the address and amount, I am prompted with these commands:

1.After connecting your Ledger device to your computer’s USB port, press the Send using Ledger button.
2.Make sure the Cardano ADA app remains open on the Ledger device throughout the process.

The problem is when I open my Ledger Nano X and open the Cardano app, it just says “waiting for commands”, there is no send button. Furthermore, I am so confused why Ledger Live even has you download Cardano if it doesn’t support it. I see where I downloaded BTC and ETH I could send those, but there is nothing for ADA.

So my questions are, Do you have to have the ledger nano x plugged into the USB port and also have ledger live open to send ADA out of Yoroi, or does Yoroi sync directly to the nano x? That part is confusing. Is there an order of operations I am missing? I tried following the instructions in this post but had no luck. I downloaded Yoroi on Firefox and had no problem getting ADA into the account. I looked at downloading Chrome and then restoring my wallet, but the suggested wallet had a different name and I didn’t want to cause anything funny to happen that my newbie crypto self is not aware of. I can see my balance in Yoroi and just want to move it out. Please help, thanks.

If u have the ledger app updated, if u tried with another browser… then try to connect the ledger on adalite.io (webUSB) and send the transaction from there

Cheers,

1 Like

Dude thank you, that worked. I clearly have limited understanding and am learning more all the time, thanks again

1 Like