Ledger nano x & Yoroi wallet

Hi, I’ve recently purchased a ledger nano x and I am trying to connect it via the yoroi chrome extension on my PC but it doesn’t seem to want to connect. I’m using windows 8 could this be the issue? Thanks for any help

The browser extension does not support bluetooth, if that’s what you’re trying? Connect it to your pc by a cable, then connect to hard wallet via the yoroi wallet.

The Yoroi mobile will support bluetooth hardware wallets (nano X) in the extremely near future, as it is ready and does work great with the nightly app. EMURGO are just testing the cable feature with the app, then they will release both. Hopefully soon, but I can’t give dates unfortunately.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I’m connecting my ledger nano x through my pc on the yoroi extension via the usb cable. It then says “ use your security key” on my PC. I then enter my pin and click on the app on the ledger then it just keeps saying “ waiting for command” on my ledger then after a minute I get a message on my PC saying that it has timed out.

Have the ledger unlocked and on the app prior to accessing your hardware wallet via yoroi

1 Like

Yes did this and still having the same issue. I’ve updated my computer. Uninstalled and reinstalled the chrome extension and still getting the following errors. image image image

i guess those pictures are to small to see anything.

Sorry are these better

It looks like yoroi can’t see your ledger. Double check the connections and that your computer isn’t somehow blocking the usb connection.

1 Like

Yeah I had a quick look and found there was a missing driver. I’m going to restore my computer as I never use it anyway to see if this helps

1 Like

So after restoring my computer I managed to update the driver and all is working fine with this now. But unfortunately I’m still having the same the issues as before. I’ve contacted Yoroi support also and will try it on a friends Mac. I’ll update when I find a resolution

1 Like

So after messing around again with the drivers I did another update on them and just like that it started working. So all good! Not sure if anyone has been having issues with this it’s most probably my old PC ha ha, but it if you are then just check the drivers and update and all should be good. Hopefully not long for the yoroi app compatibility with the ledger nano x. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Luke and look forward to staking on the Shelley MainNet soon :+1:t3:

1 Like

No worries Alex, glad it’s solved :blush:

Yeah support on mobile wont be long - I think within a week :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Brilliant looking forward to it :smiley::+1:t3:

This worked for me when restoring wallet to a clean version of windows. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

No need for a computer now anyway as the ledger nano x works perfect with yoroi mobile via Bluetooth :smiley::+1:t3:

1 Like

Just had a new hard drive fitted. Downloaded Yoroi again on. When I click on’Connect to hardware’ I don’t get the ledger option. Only a Trezor one. Now I can’t see my ada. Reading other comments,do you think it might be a driver problem?

Yoroi doesnt support ledger right now. You have to wait for the next update or use adalite in the meantime.

No choice then but to just wait for yoroi/ledger to get upgraded.
Just a bit unsettling not being able to see my yoroi Ada balance etc. Thanks anyway.

Your funds are totaly safe if you have your seed.

And as i said, if you need your funds you can easily use adalite in the meantime.

Cheers
Fabian

Hi Fabian,I just read on here where someone said their Ada was hacked and stolen on yoroi. Have to say I won’t rest until things are back up running properly. When you say ‘seed’ do you mean my ledger nano x. That’s always been working ok. Do you think there’s any chance my Ada could get stolen off yoroi.