Lost ADA on Byron wallet

Hello,

U will need the spending password in order to move ADA from byron to shelley (the password was seted when u created the wallet 2-3 years ago)

Don’t rush, u have enough time… try to remember the password; also try to remember where did u stored the seed phrase.

Cheers,

Hey DMW so I think I am having a similar issue, my wallet was from 2017. I am on a new computer (don’t have access to my old one); But I do have my 12 word passphrase when I restored it I see no funds (even after fully syncing) and a red badge that says ‘Byron’ next to it. There’s no transactions. I have my old wallet address and can see on cardano explorer the ADA amount that was sent to it;
Here’s the weird thing, I have no way to check the address of the wallet I unlocked, IOHK support said that I possibly I unlocked the wrong wallet (which is possible but I highly doubt).

This is a dumb question but I can’t for the life of me see how to expose the address of the wallet I just unlocked with my passphrase, to I can check and see if it matches up with what I have on record, how do I do that?

Also any tips on converting to Shelley (I don’t know much about that process). Could being Byron wallet be the issue?

Hello,

1. Can u try to restore the wallet again as a byron but set the same old wallet name and spending password? There is any differences?

2. Can u try to restore ur wallet on adalite.io only to check if u are able to see ur balance?

3. Is it possible to have an another seed words and somehow u mixed them?

Cheers,

hey Alex thanks for the reply.
regarding 1: I have to say that I am not sure what the old name and spending password were (the password I might have but I am not certain). I know the passphrase is correct; and if I am not wrong it did restore as a Byron (there is a red badge next to the wallet name–which is a new name I entered during restore process; my understanding was that wallet name didn’t matter just the passphrase is.

1. I haven’t heard of adalite.io but I will check it out. Looking at cardano explorer I see the transaction (as I have a record of it); what I need helping is figuring out how to see / expose the address of the wallet I have just unlocked. There seems to be no receive funds or even a way to check the wallet address, only options I have are to send, receive, and view transactions.

2. I am certain this is not the case. I have them listed by number (copy pasted and printed) and I also wrote them down by hand in a separate place.

I think my issue has to do with wallet restoring as a Byron. Be honest I’m not up to speed on Byron vs Shelley. I only know that my wallet is from very early launch of cardano. late 2017.

1 Like

Hi Meras all I can suggest is that you uninstall Daedalus Wallet. Then delete all the data on your pc that relates to the Wallet. Then reinstall Daedalus, also I restored my Shelley Wallet before everything synced and that worked for me. I hope this information is useful. Good luck​:+1:t5::blush:

ok thanks, just a quick follow up was your wallet previously Byron wallet?

No my Wallet was previously Shelley.

I am having the exact same issue that you are having. Have you had any luck in finding a solution? I also contacted the support team and received the same response even though I know that I am using the correct recovery phrase. I also created my wallet in 2017

Hey Marcu,
Ask them about the Flight Daedalus version, download it aNd use your old phrase, I was able to find my Lost Ada, now I have to transfer all to a Shelley Wallet… so annoying. Hope this helps

1 Like

@wovidal I am having the same problem as you. My ADA has been missing since 2019 when I tried to upgrade the wallet from original Byron. I have talked to IOHK support for years and am getting nowhere. Is the Flight Daedalus something they sent you? Where can I get this?

Daedalus Flight is just supposed to be an early release of coming Daedalus versions, but they haven’t used that for quite some time. Now, it seems to be basically the same as the regular Daedalus with every release (even a bit later, when I last checked). It won’t help you.

Do you have the seed phrase for the Byron wallet? As far as I understand it, the process to get funds from Byron wallets is now: Create a Shelley wallet (or use an existing one) and then claim the old Byron wallet with its seed phrase. I know that Yoroi has an option for this. Don’t know if and where it is in Daedalus.

Did u bkped the secret.key file?
If yes u can try import option from daedalus
And u will need the spending password in order to move the funds
Cheers,

I have the seed phrase and the password, but only the earliest transactions show up. The ones from 2019 do not show up. I can still see them in the wallet on the Cardano explorer, untouched from when I moved them there a few years ago, but I can’t access them. I also still have the Bittrex records of the transactions from that exchange into the wallet. And IOHK still keeps trying to tell me that I have another seed phrase that I must have forgotten which is simply NOT TRUE. I am so much more than frustrated with this and don’t know what to do.

I probably do have the secret key file. Is it a JSON file?