LOST MY ADA after chanching computer

what public key? i do not get it. I went to cardanos explorer using the address that i sent my ada from binance and the final balance is right.

Does Daedalus show the same address when you restore the wallet?

no that´s the problem. But in my old computer as i was creating the wallet i was taking screenshots of the 12 words recovery phrase as well as the paper wallet recovery(27 words) so it´s impossible that i made a mistake there must be a problem with the recovery key otherwise i really do not understand what is going on

So you had an open wallet on an old computer, and it gave you an address, and you have sent coins to this address, and now when you restore a wallet it does not show the same address on the “Receive” tab, right?

yes, exactly

On the old computer - did you use the first address that the wallet gave you after creation? Or did you generate multiple addresses before that?

For example, when I just create a new wallet, it show me a single address like this:

But then if I use it to send money or click the “Generate new address” button, it will look like this and show me different address:

So did you use only the first one?

yes only the first one

So, do I got it all right, lets check:

1. You created a new wallet on an the computer
  2. You didn’t create any new addresses
  3. You have copied the first address it gave to you
  4. You have used this address to withdraw coins from an exchange
  5. Now you are restoring the same wallet on the new computer
  6. The first address it gives you does not match the address you have used

Is that correct?

Did you do anything else with the wallet on the old computer? For example, did you delete and restored it before sending coins to it?

alright so i created a wallet a took a screenshot of the 12 word recovery key and paper wallet after that i bought ada in binance sent it to my wallet and i received all of them, i did not change my address or anything, after that my computer broke i bought a new one i restored my wallet with my recovery key and there was no ada in there no transactions, nothing… so i deleted daedalus again and try to do it with the paper wallet but still nothing.

What do you mean “and paper wallet”? Describe the process in more details, please.

Do you enter words one by one clicking Enter key after each of them? Like in this video: https://youtu.be/0j-F8oXeVIs?t=2m14s

Ruslan, you are awesome btw. Read through this post like I always do and there you are. :bulb: Cheers

I have the same issue. Ever since the update when I restore the wallet, I have my old ada value/amount and not the amount shown in Cardano explorer. I only had one wallet. Never created a second wallet. All transactions from the exchanges show the withdraws to the same address. The wallet only shows 13 transactions when there should be 14. Ideas?

You said your computer broke. If the harddisk is still ok, maybe an alternative is to try to connect the harddisk to another computer and copy the private key / files(?) to a working computer?

1 Like

Resolved through restore on a new comp. Ever since the update, it hasn’t worked right. New comp and download resolved that.

2 Likes

Had to restore yet again. This is insanity!

Daedalus has the most functionality as a full client (node), but there are other wallets to choose from. Some of them are still in Alpha/Beta phase. Storing your Ada on a hardware wallet is the safest option in combination with keeping the backup phrase in multiple physical locations (in case your house burns down).

Try a mobile wallet (Infinito) or the internet browser wallet (Yoroi) - the “problem” with Daedalus is it runs a full node in the background, if your internet connection is not good, or the computer is low on memory, or something like this, very occasionally it seems to corrupt the blockchain data.

1 Like

My connection is more than adequate. Have no issues with fiber, connecting to CO, DVDM or any other piece of hardware. It is the software more than likely. received an email indicating that it was a known issue and to download again. It’s been stable since.