Mac OSX trouble syncing

Hi,

I tried all of the suggestions to get my wallet to sync. I’ve never had any problems until yesterday. I don’t know what happened. I am stuck syncing at 98.94%. It starts at this figure and is stuck. I’ve previously been stuck at 98.95% and 99.12%.

Edit: I’ve now gone backward again. I am now at 98.93%. I am on a Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.4

Hi! Try just restarting your computer and trying to launch it again. Maybe a couple of times.

If this doesn’t work. Close Daedalus, manually delete ~/Application Support/Daedalus/DB-1.0 directory and launch Daedalus again.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve been searching the finder for this directory but haven’t been able to do so. I’ll keep looking

Sorry to bother you. I went to my terminal to search for this directory. My terminal says “No such file or directory”

My bad, sorry. It should be: ~/Library/Application Support/Daedalus/DB-1.0

In my Library, Application Support doesn’t have a Daedalus directory. I’ve restarted my computer several times and reopened my wallet. It is now syncing backward again. Spinning around at 98.91% now.

Are you looking in the ~/Library? Because Daedalus would not be syncing if you didn’t have this directory. Look really closely:

Thank you for helping me. I’ve found it in my terminal now with this lookup.

How do I manually delete?

rm -rf ~/Library/Application Support/Daedalus/DB-1.0

Note: that it might take a couple of hours to delete it fully.

Thank you. I’ve entered this command. Nothing happened immediately. I will update you after I reboot and attempt to reload the wallet.

What do you mean by “nothing happened”. You need to wait until the directory is deleted. Do not close the terminal until the command returns properly.

It just went to the next line. It didn’t return any commands

Please join this chat. Forum is not the right medium for such conversations.

I can’t chat there for 24 hours since I just joined

Now you can

Hi there, May I join the conversation?

My Wallet also stubbornly refuses to connect to the network. I have followed all the advices I have been able to find:

• reinstall - done 3 times already (uninstalled it with CleanmyMac, which also removes all the support files and com.electron… files)
  • emptied the trash
  • killed the DB-1.0 folder
  • tried to delete the log files

One particularity is that this is a new Macbook Pro and I migrated the content from my macbook air, including the Daedalus installation. As I said, I have since uninstalled it 3 times, but may be there is a hidden file somewhere that blocks it.

I am at my wits end. Any assistance would be welcome.

Hello! You might have to use a VPN service. Some people report that they are only able to connect to the Cardano network thru a VPN service. If VPN helps - this is an ISP issue.

If VPN does not help - you might have to send out your logs, so we get the better idea what happens exactly.

Hi @vantuz-subhuman, thank you for the answer.

The ISP is not an issue here: the instance of Daedalus on my Macbook Air connects to the network immediately and without problem.

It is the instance on the Macbook Pro that stalls. I have already sent my logs 2x, can i send them manually to you to have a look. That would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, you can pack the whole ~/Library/Applciation Support/Daedalus/Logs directory and send it right here, or to me in a private message (DO NOT SEND ANY SENSITIVE INFORMATION OR PRIVATE KEYS, THO) :slight_smile:

Thank you.

Here is the zipped Log

Thank you for looking into this

Marc-Antoine