Minted NFT - unsure what wallet it's in

I created my first ever NFT which happens to be a CNFT. I screenshotted the address i minted to but cant seem to figure out what wallet it is. Is there a way to determine where it went to? I also removed the Nami extension today because it needed the password to update, which i lost, so i uninstalled and think i’m back in w seed phrase, but no NFT there. Not sure if it was a child wallet or not. Also, anyone know how to locate the NFT if it’s in my Yoroi wallet via browser?

Thanks in advance!

Are other tokens or your ADA funds or a transaction history there, so you know you are in the right wallet?

If you select “New Account” in Nami, it should create the same accounts/subwallets again. Names should not matter, just order of creation.

If there are NFTs or other tokens in a wallet viewed by Yoroi there is a tab “Assets”, where you can see them.

All apps should tell you their address(es) somewhere at the “Receive” tab. For Nami, it’s just one, for Yoroi, there are a lot.

Sorry, not sure how you answered in the broken format like that… also, thanks in advance for the lightning fast response!

Are other tokens or your ADA funds or a transaction history there, so you know you are in the right wallet?

• In Yoroi, yes. Nami, no. Not sure which one it would be in.

If you select “New Account” in Nami, it should create the same accounts/subwallets again. Names should not matter, just order of creation.

• Tried that in Nami and still no balance or NFTs via browser. May never had been any but could be wrong. Months since creation/used last.

If there are NFTs or other tokens in a wallet viewed by Yoroi there is a tab “Assets”, where you can see them.

• this would be my 1 and only CNFT. I’m using web browser and see no option for Assets tab anywhere.

All apps should tell you their address(es) somewhere at the “Receive” tab. For Nami, it’s just one, for Yoroi, there are a lot.

• i see all the Receive addresses in Yoroi. This is where i found the matching “Mint To Address” from when i created the NFT. If that is the case, does that mean it is actually inside my wallet, just not visible via browser?

Okay, you found the address you gave them in Yoroi’s “Receive” tab? Then, we can forget about Nami for the moment. The NFT should have gone to this wallet in Yoroi.

Can you copy that address to the search box at cardanoscan.io? It should show you, if there is an NFT at that address:

It’s in the dropdown at “Tokens” in the “Address” paragraph.

If it is there and the address belongs to Yoroi, but Yoroi doesn’t show it, you can try to resync Yoroi (in the settings, “Wallet” tab, “Resync Wallet” button).

Ah, crap, the “Address book” are the addresses not belonging to that wallet that Yoroi found in incoming or outgoing transactions.

Then, we’re back at getting Nami to do something.

If you look in Nami at “Receive” in the main account or the subaccounts: Do you see this address somewhere?

Checked my main Receive and added two additional New Accounts and neither match.

That is strange. Yoroi knows it, probably from you sending some funds from the wallet in Yoroi to the wallet in Nami. But the restored one does not seem to be the correct one.

Can you try to restore with your Nami seed phrase on adalite.io?

Restore my Nami wallet there?

Also, what if idk the user name, or does that even matter?

Yes! It’s another wallet app. All apps basically can access all wallets if you give them the right seed phrase. That way, we can check if the seed phrase is correct and the problem is Nami.

Please, do a forum search for adalite.io before that to ensure that it gets recommended by a lot of people regularly and reduce the risk that it is a scam.

Wallet name and password do not matter. They are local and you can choose totally different ones when restoring. Only the seed phrase matters.

So if i uninstalled the Nami wallet extension from my browser earlier, i added it back to the browser, used a 24 word seed phrase to Import a Wallet - I should be good right? No need to use adalite?

A whole lot of people report that they get to a different wallet, when restoring in Nami, today.

By restoring in another app, we could see, if that is also the case here. Under normal circumstances, you get to a different wallet if you have the wrong seed phrase, forgot that you really created another wallet and that seed phrase is the correct one, … But since so many people report getting to a different wallet with the same seed phrase, it would really help to see to which wallet the phrase leads in a functioning wallet.

Oh, since you already have Yoroi: You can also restore it in Yoroi. Just name it “Nami” or something like that, so you don’t get too confused.

hmmmmmm, ok. I really appreciate all this help. I saw lots of folks w similar issues. In fact, followed a thread here for that very reason and why i ended up creating an account! I’ll test that out and see.

So i restored Nami to Yoroi using the only seed phrase i have, it synced and the address is still different than the “minted to” address for the NFT i created and it has no history at all.

Is the address at least the same as the account you get restored in Nami with the same seed words?
Make a list telling you which seed words restore which addresses.

I see three possibilities:

a) The whole lot of people that cannot restore their Nami wallets suspect that it did something wrong with the seed phrasses in the past and that leads to different wallets being opened now. I can’t really believe that. But I also cannot disprove it. There are other people who restore Nami-generated seed phrases just fine.

b) You got seed phrases mixed up. Perhaps, you tried to install several times or something like that. And then you continued to use a wallet that was not belonging to the seed phrase that you kept, but to another one.

c) The address you minted to does not belong to your Nami wallet – old or new, but you got it somewhere else. You could look at the transactions in Yoroi. It has this address in the address book. So, there have to be one or more transactions mentioning it. Perhaps, you can get more hints, which address is was from that.

You were 100% correct and i feel like a complete fool. Did more digging and found another seed phrase. Nami’s not to blame here. thank you so very much for your persistence in assisting a complete newb!

1 Like

Many thanks for letting me know!

I’m very glad you found it. It’s always nice to here a good outcome.

1 Like