Paul Solotshi

If it turns out Satoshi is such a serious criminal that would be very bad for crypto’s public image. Though I suppose it’s unlikely to be generally accepted anytime soon even if very good evidence emerges.

:rofl: who needs a movie :popcorn: script with a story this good.

3 Likes

cartel boss, drug smuggler, arms dealer, informant to the US DEA, and genius programmer…
…the man lived an eventful life with a career that included gold smuggling, precious metals mining, logging, land deals, drug and arms trafficking, money laundering, assassinations, encryption software development, and more.

It does give a kind of knee-jerk reaction, ain’t it?

A great number of criminals wear fancy suits, bury ordinary people in debt, sell personal data without your consent and use the dollar as their tool, but I don’t see the general public closing their bank accounts. Guess it’s all in the imagery.

I tend to use “criminals” for those actually convicted. Of course many others are equally guilty or more so. But convictions mean a lot in PR terms, and I believe are significant in other ways as well. Don’t let politics blind you to practicalities.

Though I agree that a conviction has an impact in PR terms, my opinion is that this PR won’t be global, it may even just be the nations with English as their first language. I don’t think Asian countries would care much if Bitcoin came from a convicted criminal from the other side of the world as long as that innovation is useful for them.

2 Likes

LOL

To propose robust mathematical formalism like Satoshi did ,you need to have proper career path and education, something at the level of Cynthia Dwork and Moni Naor
both tenured in harward and weizmann for PoW research.

This article falls into category of urban legend rubbish for kids :slight_smile: and wannabe “hackers”.