Possible solution to "Connecting to network..." issue

Hi community.

This is for Windows 10 users only.

I’ve recently had to install Daedalus Wallet v3.3.2. for the fourth time! I found that after taking roughly 3 hours to sync my wallet, it works. Closing the wallet and then opening sometime later, I always ended up with the “Connecting to network…” message. No further progress is made and I’m left frustrated and p!$$3d off

After some examination of how Daedalus stores it’s session information, I think that I have finally worked out how to fix this problem. It requires doing the following things:

1. Make sure that you close ALL programs including the Daedalus Wallet.

2. Start up Windows Explorer and enter %appdata% into the address bar. You should be taken to the main Windows ‘Roaming’ folder under your user AppData folder. Open the “Daedalus Mainnet” folder.

You should find the following list of files and folders:

PLEASE BACKUP ALL FILES AND FOLDERS TO A SEPARATE FOLDER FIRST

3. Delete the following folders from this directory (DO NOT DELETE ‘Chain’ or ‘Wallets’)

blob_storage
    Code Cache
    Disctionaries
    GPUCache
    Local Storage
    Logs
    tls
    daedalus_lockfile
    lockfile
    Network Persistent State

4. Now in the Windows Explorer address bar, type %temp% and press enter

Delete ALL files and folders that exist in the Temp folder. If it cannot delete certain files, just skip them.

5. Once all the above has been done, ensure that your computer clock is correctly synchronised with the internet Time servers. Usually Windows 10 is configured to auto-sync.

6. Finally, restart Daedalus Wallet. If all goes well, it should resync with the blockchain and load your wallet information into memory.

I have successfully tried this twice and it has worked both times.

3 Likes

My wallet got stuck at 99.99% synced… once it connects to the network an starts syncing, suddenly just killed… and start everything again… - maybe memory issue, but why it could sync 99.99%… it is an ubuntu on virtual machine with 4GB ram…
Thanks for sharing this info…

1 Like

Not maybe, for sure it’s a memory issue :wink: add more ram for VM and it will be fine

2 Likes

Hello, thank you very much, it works for me :+1:,
I have windows 10, and before doing what you say, I uninstalled the last update of windows 10 if it could help someone😊,
Thank you very much again and have a nice day everyone