Problem solved

problem solved

If this address is not your wallet address then probably you were hacked… or perhaps u copied a wrong address who knows… can u share ur wallet address ?

Cheers,

1 Like

problem solved

problem solved

You can test it… cooy ur wallet address from yoroi then try to paste it on notepad or exchange… is the same?

1 Like

Right now, yes, the Yoroi wallet address I copy matches the Word doc where I pasted my address and my wallet where it was provided. The mystery wallet address isn’t anywhere in my wallet, i.e. transaction history or used addresses. It says I have 0 transactions and no used addresses. Cheers to you too!

Then it looks the funds were sent to another wallet address… check ur wallet address on cardanoscan.io … do u see any transactions there?

1 Like

My address in Cardanoscan shows 0 ADA and 0 transactions

It’s amazing how these hackers do it! I checked that I was on secured and verified websites. I have anti-virus software. I’m scared now. I want to wash my computer.

Hmm, it might be, but it doesn’t look very typical.

What we can derive from:

The wallet has been used since January, did actively stake with different pools for quite some time, does not really receive many transactions, just a few, but your Ada obviously among them.

We can also conclude that it does not use Yoroi or Daedalus, since there is only one single address used for the whole time and Yoroi and Daedalus would automatically choose lots of different addresses at least for the staking and unstaking transactions.

Can you think of any other way, a wrong address might have gotten in your copy and paste buffer? Did you check the address, before submitting the withdraw order to Kraken?
(Yes, nobody checks the whole random string, but the first few characters after “addr” and the last few characters should be checked.)

1 Like

You’re so awesome.Thanks for looking so closely at this. I find it facinating as well. I think it was possibly a Yoroi wallet glitch. Once I created the wallet extension in Chrome I used it right away, clicked receive and got my new address. The wallet crashed two or three times shortly after that. But, I had already copied the address and pasted it to Kraken. Thus, I couldn’t see my address in Yoroi after I had pasted it. It felt very wrong to proceed. I did anyway. The little circles were spinning in Yoroi for balance on my dashboard. I finally decided to uninstall and reinstall with my seed phrase.

Next time try to transffer a small amount first time (5-6 ADA)

1 Like

Yes, indeed. I was just saying I’m so traumatized by Uniswap fees that I avoid test transactions. It was only 1 ADA to send. Never again. I will always pay the transaction fee for a small test run. Thank you!

First: For every such case, I am really very sorry that we cannot give much hope of reversing such a transaction. It’s built into cryptocurrencies that the blockchain is distributed and there is noone who can say: “No! That was wrong! Take it back!”

Then: Even for a glitch in Yoroi, it would be very strange that it gives you the address of an existing wallet of another person. Possible, but strange.

But if it was some kind of malware, we would see many more transactions into this address from other victims of the same malware, wouldn’t we? (Theoretically, a malware could choose from a large pool of addresses, but why would it then be a very active address/account/wallet? Would all the addresses of the malware lead to such active addresses?)

1 Like

U can try something… to send a transaction to that address (it looks not a hacker wallet) and add a meesage in metadata and ask the owner to send the ADA back… perhaps it will understand and he can send the ADA back to your Wallet address

or create a NFT and send it… I can help u with this

2 Likes

problem solved

You’re so, so cool. Thank you! I just checked my stored ADA addresses in Kraken and it turns out I sent it to a prior ADA address that was stored in my Kraken account. This recipient is a friend of mine! No hacker! I will contact my friend and tell them what I did. It has been solved. I am warmed in my heart that there are such kind and caring people as yourself. Thank you again!

2 Likes

Wow… perfect … :beers:

1 Like

I figured it out. I sent it to an old address that was stored in my Kraken account from when I sent ADA to a friend. I am so sorry to have wasted your time. Thank you for being a caring and smart person who is willing to help others.

1 Like