Realistic Price Predictions 2018 2019 2020

As much as I loathe price predictions, I sure hope you’re right J. :slight_smile: I see price more as a function of value/behavior. If they continue to deliver and adoption increases, there’s really only one place the price will go… up.

Here’s to hope.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I love speculation. Here’s my take:

• Cardano (ADA) makes some gains in the next 1-3 years, maybe reaching as high as $5.
  • Crypto Market Crashes — like the whole market.
  • Many, many coins go to $0.
  • Cardano plunges to $0.50, re-stabilizing back to $1.
  • Probably only 25-50 “real coins” are left in the marketplace.
  • Cardano takes another 5-10 years to obtain dominance.
  • All the while inflation of the USD continues.
  • So, around 2030 or so, Cardano is worth $200.

TL;DR

HODL — it’s gonna be a rollercoaster ride.

CryptoGambler

6 Likes

I’m imagining staking together with the volume size of the coin release will result in relatively ( key word) less volatility.

Maybe my logic here is poor though, perhaps if 90% of people hold their Ada in a wallet that might make the remaining coins more volatile?

2 Likes

My safe prediction
Mid 2018 - $5 - my logic for this prediction is that, the price soared from .12 to .66 in just a single month of December 2017 with awareness kicking in. Since it is now on the top 5, awareness will even be greater. It was continuously going up, until trading sites paused new user entries which limited growth.
End of 2018 $10 - the roadmap implementation/execution will surely help this boost. At this price, cardano can exceed bitcoin on the markectcap but would still be undervalued in proportion to the current price and volume of bitcoin.
2019 - $20 - the ber months gave bitcoin a big rise this 2017, it could happen to cardano on 2019.
2020 - $50 unless the whole crypto market cap increase to more than 200% in two years then my prediction is wrong.

I hope the Cardano team includes an awareness program in the road map. While the functionality and features of the crypto is important, awareness is also needed or else it is left un-appreciated.

I will disagree with some of this statement - we live in a current debt based paradigm which means when money is created then debt is created. In order to create money we create debt. This means that there will always be more debt than money. Debt causes financial repression across all sectors. Moving from a debt based paradigm to a non debt based paradigm relieves this financial repression.

Your idealism is admirable, though it may never come to fruition :slight_smile:

There’s good debt and bad debt. Not all debt is evil. Helping someone buy a house who would otherwise pay rent on it all their lives without owning it is good debt. Helping someone get debt to blow on cocaine for a 30% interest repayment on a credit card is bad debt.

It depends on whether the end result is more liberating than the burden of payment.

3 Likes

I agree with your statement about different kinds of debt but I don’t think you fully appreciate the argument i have made. Which is that it is a “debt based” system …which means the money itself is debt…it is created out of thin air and before it is loaned out already bears interest debt on it regardless of how it is used. Because the money is debt itself it caused financial repression across all sectors and when combined with gov’t spending there is unintended consequences like people not having the ability to buy homes. This is contrast to a equity based system or honest money system where there is no debt on the money itself. Crypto’s are an example of free market money that bears no interest debt…i.e. cryptos are not debt and debt isn’t cryptos. That is not the case for our current system which is money = debt and debt = money.

1 Like

I don’t buy gold bug arguement. The debt based system we currently have has ushered in the most prosperous period of human materilst wealth and health enjoyment, humanity has ever known. Compare that to civilisations that were stuck on a gold standard,

In fact the current system has been so successful we actually need to reign it back, to stop the ecosystem being manufactured into commodities so quickly and cheaply.

1 Like

It’s not really a gold bug argument but an Austrian Economic argument. The same argument that has ushered in crypto’s and the Cardano platform. The argument is simple you can’t print yourself into wealth. The same thing you teach your kids i.e. you can’t get something for nothing. Eventually you have to pay the piper. You can take a credit card out and pretend your rich until you can’t get a line of credit and then you are poor paying back your creditors…this is where we are at.

Sometimes you can make a wrong turn but happily discover something new.

I would argue printing wealth is exactly what the crypto currency market has done for itself.

1 Like

That is so true. But we must acknowledge that we have made a wrong turn no?

The wrong turn was trying to turn our backs on the debt based system. It’s a great idea, it allows a community to provide conditional wealth to people that might benefit the community from extra resources.

1 Like

Paddington…i mean no disrespect but I don’t think you have a firm grasp of what is happening economically. We are reaching the end of this debt based global generational fiat ponzi scam…

1 Like

No we’re not, there is no end to fiat currencies, the worst happens is one gets brought to a close and another one starts.

Gold standards however come to an abrupt end.

1 Like

Yeah . Ever since “investment” was invented (arguably what… agricultural revolution ?). People have been “staking on” the future , by betting/loaning… it has provided pretty good results and some side effects . I think if cardano really achieves it’s full potential , inflationary thinking may still be needed … either that or maybe we are in an era of “post scarcity” … the austrians , maybe they were more “correct” … but the economic winners are the ones who take more gambles, in the grandest view.

Looking forward 5 or 8 years though … let us use a standard assumption of a world of economic scarcity… If that is true , then economies would benefit from an expansionist / inflationary mindset, because the value would be best captured by risking and being open to growth , not by limiting yourself to some fixed point of scarcity value … the value of “scarcity” … strictly speaking, is very limited and is a limiting mindset , arguably especially in the times we live in.

I never said “fiat” currencies were ending…i said “debt based” fiat currencies are ending like they always do. Gold is a fiat currency and crypto’s will be too…they just won’t be issued with a debt burden to a central bank.

One should have a abundant mindset and not a scarcity mindset for sure. However, there are finite resources that should be allocated appropriately otherwise there is severe misallocation. We will witness an infinite printing machine/unstoppable force meeting a finite world/immovable object and I posit that in that clash reality will reassert itself because you can ignore reality but you can not ignore the consequences of reality…then true price discovery will finally happen.

Having an abundant mindset doesn’t mean ignoring the scarcity of resources. It means acknowledging the finite resources and unlocking the value that was formerly trapped in it’s misallocation due to the printing press and governments.

1 Like

Have debt based currencies ever really ended ? I ask as a sincere questioner . I think you have a very appropriate abundant mindset , but , do you think world nations are going to just change their allocations/bets?

As (arguable) “value printers” or money printers, cryptocurrency is really at the Crux of this debate. I would substantially agree with the desire and mindset of more “virtuously” allocated assets, but, I also don’t think that “governments” are very receptive to “relinquishment of control”.

We can hope , but, we can also do more than that , we can try to calculate how their control and command values intersect with their credences in and control of “currency”