Recovered 2017 wallet on new device today, no balance

this is address I sent from binance to my wallet I believe

DdzFFzCqrht65FoatR7qVPaKm55q3dRPrwF6VGPRbHH8cfzigKVFJD31Cf8S6BUvvX95d3TBqiwTEuqvQyZKNz6KaVFgkbNTpjVnatuG

Ok, so this is your amount missing?

its bizarre because I withdrew 35000 from binance and this account is showing half of that but yesā€¦

This is the transaction IDā€¦ you can see that the 34k ADA were sent to 2 different address

First it has the 19k ADA, 2nd has 0 balance

Do u remember if u moved the funds?

yes which Is pretty bizarre. one of the addresses showing zero balanceā€¦

any way to tell what type of wallet addresses belong to?

It looks like an exchange walletā€¦ do u had accounts only on binance?

hmm have account on Kucoin and gate,io that im currently locked out of.

then contact them and ask them to check if your wallets has any founds blocked

I recovered both accounts and no ADA was even in eitherā€¦ Strange thing about situation is I recovered 2 accounts on Daedalus with 12 word recovery phrases and both restored with zero balance. Im not sure if the word pool is the same as Exodus or if thereā€™s something within Daedalus I can do. Im only showing and option to send on both wallets, no receive optionā€¦ Dont know if this helpsā€¦

Because it is a byron wallet thatā€™s why u donā€™t have receiveā€¦ also do u see any transactions history?

There is no transaction history for either walletā€¦

found this in a reddit threadā€¦ Alright I have access to my ADA again! With the new update you can import old wallet data.

Thank you for submitting a request to the IOHK Technical Service Desk.

The wallet import feature has been reenabled in Daedalus 3.3.0. This feature enables you to import wallets from ā€˜secret.keyā€™ files of old versions of Daedalus (Daedalus version 0.15.1 and earlier.)

For testing this option you must have your old Daedalus application installed, or a backup of the state directory from the old Daedalus. If you still have it on your computer - please do not remove it.

You can download Daedalus 3.3.0 here. For details on how to import a wallet in Daedalus 3.3.0, please see Importing wallets. If your wallet was protected with a spending password on the old version, you need to use the same spending password to be able to create transactions from this wallet.

*Please note, importing wallets from state directories of Daedalus 1.0 onwards is not supported by this method, this is done automatically by Daedalus 3.3.0 provided the wallets are on the same state directory.

Please let us know if this resolved the issue.

Thanks, The IOHK Technical Service Desk

my problem is that I do not have access to old Daedalus walletā€¦ Shouldnā€™t have to because they said you only need the 12 word phraseā€¦ Is it possible they fucked something up leaving me with no real solution?

I think not, anyway if u use import option u will still need the spendig password in order to move the funds

I believe I have spending password but do not know what I would be importingā€¦

It was better to try with the original files from old laptop but u donā€™t have it anymore :frowning:

kinda crazy cuz that shouldnā€™t be neededā€¦ If they say all you need is recovery phrase that shouldnā€™t be phased out which it seems to beā€¦

Yeah but they also activated this option because a lot of people lost the seed words
Theoretically u will need only the seed words

Maybe u mixed up the words? U said u have 2 seed words each with 12 wordsā€¦ this means 2 daedalus byron wallets