Relay Node not talking with my core Node

it’s static on digital ocean when we start server but If close & turn it off & restart it will change the IP address

what should I do? re register pool with this new relay IP?

exactly that’s meaning is not static… and you should fix this first because everytime when your IP will change, you need to register again the relay, you need to modify to topology configuration file, you need to wait again 4 hours (topology updater script) in order for your new IP to be live into the network, etc…

it is not recommended to have a dynamic IP

Please fix this first!

Cheers,

ok thanks I thought relay IP is never registered… I’ll do this now… & I’ll update here accordingly

1 Like

one more question which one should I use to register pool relay server or core server?

pool relay? no… when u are registering your pool, also you will register the relay IP and port…
What do you mean by pool relay?

yes, you were right I forget…

Well I just re-registered the pool can you check … still the error is present But I think it might be solved after update

Hello,

Looks fine now,

I can find your pool in yoroi:

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-26 at 15.12.55

• on relay you will need to run the topologyupdater script 1/hour
  • on Producer you will need to edit manually your relay IP (no run topology updater)

to be sure everything is working fine on your PRoducer, you should see infos about KES, blocks, tx incrementing, etc

Cheers,

how do I run topology updater? can you send me any link to that you are very helpful man

read first about it, you should run only on relay

#CUSTOM_PEERS=“None” – here you will add your Producer IP and port for eg: “10.0.0.1:3001”

and perhaps you will neet to edit the env file with your paths

Cheers,

Hi,

I would recommend to go through this guide about the topologyUpdater

If you wonder why your pool does not appear in the wallets you can go through these 4 steps:

Best,
Johann

First I fixed topology file & ran topologyupdate.sh here is output:
usr@domain:~/cardano-node/scripts$ ./topologyUpdater.sh
Could not find shelley genesis file in default location or ‘ShelleyGenesisFile’ from the node configuration file
Could not find shelley genesis file in default location or ‘ShelleyGenesisFile’ from the node configuration file

env is script looks for genesis.json file
in env but you can see this looks for file/genesis.json

Capture

here output using search everywhere there is no “file/genesis.json”

usr@domain:~/cardano-node/scripts$ find /home/usr/ -iname genesis.json
/home/usr/cardano-node/configuration/defaults/mainnet-silent/genesis.json
/home/usr/cardano-node/configuration/defaults/byron-staging/genesis.json
/home/usr/cardano-node/configuration/defaults/byron-testnet/genesis.json
/home/usr/cardano-node/configuration/defaults/mainnet-via-fetcher/genesis.json
/home/usr/cardano-node/configuration/defaults/byron-mainnet/genesis.json
/home/usr/cardano-node/configuration/mainnet-ci/genesis.json
usr@domain:~/cardano-node/scripts$

There should be, but maybe have another name

my cardano version is 1.25.0 maybe that’s the reason?

can I get someone else genesis file & I’ll match & update path in topology updater

This script maybe it’s not good for your setup

Try this guide. STEP 14 (configuring topology file)

https://www.coincashew.com/coins/overview-ada/guide-how-to-build-a-haskell-stakepool-node

Hi mate that didn’t work either cause I’m running relay node with this configurations:

cardano-node run
–topology mainnet-topology.json
–database-path db
–socket-path db/node.socket
–host-addr 0.0.0.0
–port 3303
–config mainnet-config.json

If you can answer me these two question I can build script in python & I’ll share here too.

I can get all the relay nodes from this https://explorer.mainnet.cardano.org/relays/topology.json link is it updated one?

Then

I can build python script to scrape it every 12 hours or maybe every hours & put them in
–topology mainnet-topology.json
& restart the node …

I manually tried but this topology link
also have some relay nodes address that are not active…

how can I get active relay nodes list? from this link?

I think this is what script for… am I correct?

hello,

1. I think the link is updated
    the topologyupdater also send a packet every hour to announce into the network that your node is
    online, if the packet will not be send in 4 hours then your node will be considered offline. You can
    build the script to add nodes in your topology (the recommendation is ~ 18-20 nodes) and restart at
    each 12 hours in order to stay connected only with online nodes…

2. yes, but as u said, perhaps some nodes are filtering the imcp packets and you don’t know if is really offline or online (for eg I filtered my relays to not accept ping packets.)

but why you can’t fix topology updater script?

these script based on CNtools files structures & environment variable I tried to override but they are not working…
so I’m going to create python script which will send packets & update topology file & also restart so i could benefit me & others…

I’ll update once script is ready

1 Like

Did you manage to get the python script working? I am having similar issues

1 Like