Relentless Slide vs. BTC

10-12B for ADA is undervalued. Cardano platform will be a central hub for trading all other crypto and establishing a blockchain based internet for anything that needs to be secured. Granted it may not be the only one, but imagine how much the exchange would be if DIA, NASDAQ, NYSE, or S&P would make a move to blockchain (in 15 years or so). I think that it is possible for this to happen because everything there used to be done by phone, then by phone and computer based ledgers, now just programs. All it will take is for one quantum computer to threaten the system and then they will make the move. I don’t know if it will be Cardano or whatever else is on its way, but it will happen and it will be well worth it to be on the ground floor looking up.

1 Like

There have been some very good analysis done showing how the entire crypto market now is still very much over valued. Nobody can say this definitely of course > this will always be a matter of opinion.

I found out about ADA when it was 11p and I was ready to buy a ton at that price, then before I could “get in” it sprang up to 40p… then up to 125p… so I look back at just a couple of months ago when ADA was 2p then 11p then 21p… so 30p to me still seems high and I won’t buy at that price.

I know very well that people buy in (to whatever) and then evangelize like crazy… that’s normal and understandable of course but it still doesn’t change the fact that between when ADA was 2p and when it was at 125p nothing about it really changed… so WTF? Why the 5000% (or whatever) increase? It’s all about hype and FOMO… not about true value.

Yes, the hype and FOMO might just keep on going until ‘real value’ actually begins to happen >>>>>> or, the excitement might all slowly slowly die down and then entire market might just sleep for a couple of years… ADA back down to 2 or 3p for a couple of years… this is a very real possibility. Unfortunately 99% of what is going on now with crypto and all of this market hype is about FAD and FASHION. Crypto is extremely COOL now. . . . . . but will it remain so “cool” after a long sad 2018 bear market when the charts just get more and more red and depressing and then flat and boring? What then in 2019?

People forget that the fact remains that there is still basically no USE for crypto… my guess is that it is going to get boring for folks, and it’s fashionable status will soon be replaced by something else…

THAT WILL BE THE TIME TO BUY!

I think you’re losing sight of the fact that it was 2-3 cents when basically no one knew about it. There was hardly a person out there to actually analyze whether Cardano’s proposition is worth something. When people learned about it, its value grew. Yes, the huge spike to 127 cents or whatever it was was fuelled by novices and people who knew little about the project or the crypto space in general, just individuals trying to make a large return overnight. So now we have a correction of course – but still, just 2-3 cents? It sounds unrealistic to me :slight_smile:

I don’t actually predict that, but just saying that it wouldn’t surprise me at all if it would hang at 2 or 3p for a year.

My prediction (keep in mind that I know NOTHING :slight_smile: ! LOL) is that ADA will bottom out somewhere between 10 and 20p. For me personally when and if it hits 20p that is when I will start buying.

Sure if it and crypto does not bottom out so low, then I miss the boat again - but so what? I don’t really care. For me I will only buy when I have a strong feeling in my stomach that THIS IS A GOOD TIME TO BUY. I exactly had that feeling in my stomach when I discovered ADA and it was at 11p… I KNEW (!) it would go up… but I just could not figure out how to “get in” quick enough and I missed the boat. >>> so now I wait for the hype to die down, I’ll buy low, then wait for the next bubble.

No use for crypto? Banks would save LOADS of money by freeing up there money in a matter of seconds vs a matter of days. Tracking shipments is now possible with crypto, gambling will be one of the first things on it, real estate markets are going to try to put real estate contracts into smart contracts, insurance is going to try to do the same thing. Instead of all of these things taking days, it will be done completely secured in a matter of seconds. There will also be a huge healthcare push to have patient files put into these things so the hospitals stop getting hacked and have to pay ransoms for patient information. That’s just off the top of my head. To say that crypto has no use or utility and that it is just a fad is the same as looking at the first cell phone (when they were still hard mounted in the cars) and saying that the industry had no value. The difference between this tech and the cell phone tech is that technological advancements happen exponentially faster than they did then and the industry as a whole has already been out for almost a decade.

I know I sound really defensive here, but it just blew my mind that someone doesn’t see the utility behind blockchain as a whole. If there is a lag over the next year though, I will seriously be buying it hand over fist and selling off my entire stock portfolio to go 100% crypto. Bitcoin might be overpriced, but 10-12B market cap for ADA is a steal based off any valuation.

1 Like

If it goes down to 20, then that would be a time to buy, for sure. Another time to buy is right now… while it continues to go down. Buy on the way down, sell on the way up - it is the basic principle of investing. If you think a year from now it will be at .70 or even at .50, then this is still one hell of an investment. At .50, that would still be 30% growth in a year.

Already happening: https://medicalchain.com/en/

1 Like

Yes I agree with you - but almost all of your points were made in the future tense… Yes crypto WILL have PLENTY of use cases - in fact it will be the future of money - but I was talking about TODAY. Right NOW the use cases are almost nonexistent.

Hence I don’t think it is implausible that UNTIL real use cases begin happening, all of crypto could sink into a multi-year bear market.

The tech is GREAT, but it is still very young, and getting people and the world to shift will take time, and let’s not forget the resistant from Legacy Finance (banksters).

1 Like

The majority of banks are excited about this. To the extent that BoA and Goldman own the majority of patents for blockchain in the US. It will happen faster than you think .40 will look cheap when sidechains and smart contracts come into play at the end of this year. Getting in at the ground floor is a little risky, yes. I just hope that you don’t miss the boat twice. If you don’t, I’ll buy more. If you do, I’m already comfortable with my investment. Either way, I think it will be up from here in a year more than normal stock investments. If you have another contingency that will make more for you, best of luck.

1 Like

When will that be? [sorry I’m too lazy to look that up] :slight_smile:

Shelley, Q2.

1 Like

so… early april?

As far as I know, April, May or June.

My guess is they will release shelley around May and it will be fully operational around the end of June. I’m basing this on interviews with Charles.

1 Like

You could be right. I know a few people who think ADA will go down to 0.10$.

Myself, I don’t see it. But who knows.

Reading this, I have to admit that it is easily possible that the whole thing could crash Will ADA Whales Ever Give Up Their Power?
…just imagine if the market stays bear all year as it did in 2014… and the ADA WHALES bail? ADA will go down the toilet.

Not trying to FUD here, but it’s wise to accept reality.

2 Likes

We’re cryptoinvestors. I think everyone here more or less understands that it can all go to 0. It’s just our belief that that won’t happen.

I am sure it WILL happen for a great number of coins… but a few will last forever.

ADA is so incredibly new that we can’t really predict at the moment… it looks all good, but this thing about the WHALES is troubling. I also don’t like it on a philosophical level > I thought we were supporting decentralized, trustless systems??

1 Like

Even BitConnect didn’t go down to 0 (yet): BitConnect price today, BCC to USD live price, marketcap and chart | CoinMarketCap

The whale discussion is… intriguing. I’ve yet to make up my mind if we should (try to) do something about it or not. I can see both sides of coin on it. Or at least some good/truth in both camps’ arguments. :thinking:

1 Like