Restored my daedalus wallet. Still, no funds

Hi

So three years ago I bought some ADA and sent it to the daedalus wallet. When I logged in to the wallet I saw the balance with the ADA in it. The next time I logged in, there was no balance and no history of any transactions. I wrote on this forum for help but I didn’t get It to work. So then I just forgot about it…

Now I have bought a new computer and I tried to restore my wallet with my 12 word phrase and I worked fine, but still, I can’t see any funds or history of transactions.

The transaction is visible on cardanoexplorer.com

So what will my next step be?

Kind regards

1 Like

Hey @xgmhz1

You probably restored a Shelley wallet instead of Byron wallet.

Try to restore your wallet on Adalite.io and migrate your funds to a Shelley wallet.

Cheers
Fabian

Hi

Thank you for the quick response.
I did restore the wallet on Adalite.io but the blance shows 0.0 ada.
I read that potentially the wallet wouldn’t show the right balance, but zero is a little harsh.
Anything else I could try to retrieve my funds?

Kind regards

Im pretty sure that you still have a Byron wallet.

Did you try to restore the wallet in Daedalus Mainnet like that?

1 Like

Please submit a ticket at iohk.zendesk.com

2 Likes

Yes, thats exactly how I restored it.

Well then open a ticket like Andy told you please.

Yes, will do.

@xgmhz1 I have the same issue, did you end up resolving the problem?

1 Like

Same here, submitted a ticket as per recommendation here, waiting for answer.

1 Like

Did u restored ur wallet and no founds?

Correct, used my 12 words (byron wallet) says wallet verified succesfully, no funds, no transaction recorded in that wallet and there should be at least one transaction. I was able to restore another wallet that was created at the same time, but not this one. It puzzles me. This was Daedalus 3.1. I tried on my old laptop where I had Daedalus version 1.1 but this one cannot access the network. And also using Ledger Nano S

Please submit a ticket here : IOHK Support

Cheers
Fabian

1 Like

Try this… perhaps will help u

To get access to your funds located on your Daedalus wallet, you only need the 12-word recovery phrase and a Yoroi wallet. Yoroi uses a 15-word recovery phrase, so you need to create your wallet first, and then recover the funds inside.

Once you have your wallet created, select “Claim/Transfer” on the side of the wallet.

Image for post

From here you can select a “Byron-Era” wallet and a Legacy Daedalus Wallet using 12-word recovery phrases. Input the recovery phrase on the next screen.

Image for post

If you’ve done everything correctly you will see a progress process appear, letting you know that the wallet is being restored.

Image for post

To finalize the transfer from Daedalus to Yoroi, simply press Transfer Funds and you will accept the transaction to your wallet.

Image for post

Wait for the confirmation, and you can use your ADA currency as you desire.

Thanks for the tip, but it didn’t quite work for me. Says wallet is empty. Shouldn’t it show transactions though if it was empty. In daedalus wallet it showed no transaction either.

Ok, check carefully the words, maybe you are not writing in right order… or maybe you wrote a word wrong at that time… try to remember or … indeed if there were transactions u should be able to see them.

Or maybe it’s just a bug but tbh it doesn’t look like a bug… maybe u restored in shelley and u nees to send ada from byron in shelley in order to see your balance

If I remember well when I restored my wallet in shelley my balance was also 0 and I needed to move my ADA from byron to shelley… and I checked now and I can’t see the old transactions on wallet (from byron)

Or perhaps it’s a bug… open a ticket to IOHK support team

I just installed Daedalus wallet in my summary it shows synching, before that I transferred my ADA balance to the Daedalus wallet but still synching still not showing my balance in my summary I even got successfully withdrawn from Binance, I have no idea what to do

Hello,

Need to be fully sync in order to see transactions and balance;

Cheers,

I got depressed while transferring from one wallet to another while synching, Thanks dude! as you said after synching process got completed, It’s now visible, but will synching process will frequently happen whenever trying to open the Daedalus wallet.

1 Like

Hello,

Happy delegation!

Cheers,