Restored Nami wallet- no assets and no funds- dfifferent address somehow

Have you all tried other wallet apps – ccvault.io, adalite.io, typhonwallet.io, Yoroi, … – to at least see if the seed words are correct – and perhaps do urgent transactions?

(post deleted by author)

yeah I have used the seed phrase on adalite and it just opens the new wallet. I am pretty sure I only ever made one nami account. Here is my address I am trying to get in to and the new one the seed phrases opened up.

Old: addr1q97dg49r770hmd6mndn5gfrpw2sta3ulmladr3r45dq2uevd2pxkfkkeh6t26l4demu3etyaeyx4mcw3mxguvjyfwx2s8e00pd

New: addr1qyhewuqcygelqcqa8d3za743f22as3j5086zfvjjt3q8q7ucz4rpkwzdh47lj5rge5su3l0xyj8unmvmf5pm66tp9z7qvc5v8v

I can see back in October It looks like I deposited some ada into this new accounts address but I’m positive I never had 2 nami accounts and I have never had to write 2 sets of seeds down.

Would appreciate someone a little more technical than myself to take a look :slight_smile:

to make things worse, 11 of my assets 5x’d last week XD I’m passed the depression stage now and starting to accept the fact that they are gone rip.

Hopefully someone can give me some insight because I am really confused. Maybe I did have 2 Nami wallets and have been using the wallet that I didn’t have the seed phrases for but I can’t for the life of me remember writing 2 sets of seed phrases down.

So, both addresses are used.

Did you use another wallet app and the seed phrase might belong to that? Then, the Nami seed phrase must be somewhere else.

Did you use the feature to use multiple (sub-)accounts in Nami? They are opened without issuing a new seed phrase, when you click “New Account” in the Nami menu. They could contain the other set of ADA/assets.

I have the same issue with Nami wallet have ADA in my account and then said cero balance and when I ask to restore give me complete new key and no story and cero balance.

Anyone find a solution to this? same thing happened to me, tried adalite nothing there, when I restored the wallet it is different to my previous wallet address. When I put my previous NAMI address in cardanoscan.io I can see my funds. Not sure how u regenerate a different address, surely the 24 seed phrase wouldn’t work as they are my seed for previous wallet. Surely there a way of getting my funds back?

Also my seed phrase is correct.

Previous wallet address

addr1q8nk9hdfqg9hm6h5krmf5hpj3ajst4ypt6rwm0qk4vkjh254wjukx6uu0x6eraexd2hrrhm49wceq9v5z6mkz5xlgafqjtrnmv

Can see my funds on cardanoscan.io

1 Like

Do you remember the names of your subwallets? If you enter the name of the wallet, and then use your signing password your assets & wallet should show up.

1 Like

On one hand, the last post in this thread is seven months old.

On the other hand, what do you mean by „name of wallet“? There is no such thing except for the local names given by wallet apps, but the posts in thread are about problems in restoring wallets. In that situation, all local wallet names are gone.

Ok, I know the thread is old, but I didn’t see any solution here, so I thought I could contribute…

In my case, I had a Nami wallet setup on another pc, formatted the pc, and downloaded nami chrome extension again on the new pc. I entered the seed phrase on the new pc, and only my main wallet showed up there. So I lost acces to the other subwallets as they didn’t load within Nami. Although I had 2 other wallets added to the same seedphrase.

To get acces back to the wallets, I had to click on add new wallet in Nami, and enter the name I gave to the subwallets I lost access to and enter the spending password.

After that, my subwallets and corresponding assets showed up again in Nami. That’s why I mentioned that you have to remember the name of the subwallet(s).

Hope it helps…

1 Like

Ah, okay. … You could have given any other name. Nami always adds the accounts in the same order and only that order is relevant.

Did try to give that hint back in:

…, but I, of couse, cannot influence if anyone with the same problem also tried it.

1 Like

did anyone find a solution to this problem i have the same issues, seed just creates a new wallet address

What have you tried so far?

Most often, reasons are that you used a sub-account or that you really used another seed phrase than you are trying now.

Are there transactions on the wrong wallet that you get?

i put my recovery code in and instead of importing my wallet it creates a new wallet with no transactions

Did you try if you maybe used a subaccount? Add one or two accounts with “+ New Account” in Nami’s main menu:
screenshot-2022-09-28-22:44:49

And you really do not have other seed phrases somewhere?

no i think thats only one as i have no 15 word and thats only 24 word i have

new account just adds another new wallet

I can only tell you that ir’s technically not possible that the same seed phrase opens a new, empty wallet.

The seed phrase is the wallet.

Exception would be if you have a Ledger hardware wallet, but then you would have two seed phrases – the one of Nami and the one of the Ledger.

can someone know or tell me the amount of words used in a wallets address for recovery code

i see other people having similar issues as mine with Nami wallet