Retrieving ADA from offline Stake Pool

Hey all,

So a couple months ago I wanted to try my hand at setting up a stake pool…long story short I had a hard time with it and decided to put that on pause and spend some time studying up.

I am trying to see if there is a way to retrieve the ADA I sent to my node. I backed up all the “pool-keys” files onto a external hard drive before shutting down the server. Is here a way to get that ADA back in my Daedalus wallet without resetting up a node?

Files I have backed up:
cold.counter
cold.skey
cold.vkey
delegration.cert
kes.skey
kes.vkey
node.cert
payment.addr
payment.skey
payment.vkey
pool-metadata.json
pool-registration.cert
protocol.json
stake.addr
stake.cert
stake.skey
stake.vkey
vrf.skey
vrf.vkey

Thanks in advance!

I think no;
You can pay ~4$ for a vps

If you have a linux machine at home you can compile the wallet then sign a transaction using your keys.

1 Like

Hopefully you managed you retrieve your funds but I’ll still message in the event someone else is in the same situation as you.

If you created your wallet without using the mnemonic phrase option, you wont be able to import your wallet in Daedalus. With your mnemonic phrase you can generate your keys, but with the keys, you can’t generate the mnemonic phrase.

Assuming you don’t have your phrases, you will need to compile cardano-wallet and use your keys.
I think that the best way to do this is to install the prereqs.sh from here (Guild Operators), and use CNTools (which gets installed by prereqs.sh) to send your ada. Its a nice UI and simple to use.

If you’re on Windows, you can use a VM to spin up a Linux env (like Ubuntu 20.04) and do everything from there without having to pay for a VPS.

If you still need help, feel free to reach out on Telegram (Telegram: Contact @CardanoStakePoolWorkgroup)

I still have not, but I also haven’t tried yet. The majority of my problem is I dove into the whole operating a stake node project way to fast. Though there were very good guides out there (good enough for me to at least get 2 nodes up and send some ADA), I just don’t have enough experience or fundamental knowledge.

If you need help I can help you… just tell me what u need.

I would like some help if possible. I am about to embark on setting up a stake pool node again. I am going to start from scratch, but If I am able to get that ADA I have stored in my old offline node…or even reuse my “pool-keys” files…that would be great.

Yes u can! Tell me how can I help you?

Do you use discord? Would you be interested in using that to voice chat?

Nope, sorry

Okay, thanks anyways!

But first, buid the node… I saw last time u used cntools right?

I believe so. I was following the Pool of Africa guide, which seems to be down at the moment on there site. I am in the process right now of getting my VirtualBox set up to start that. I am following https://cardano-foundation.gitbook.io/stake-pool-course/lessons/lesson-1/vb

For building the node

U need to do after u are creating the nonroot user and connect on that user

mkdir “$HOME/tmp”;cd “$HOME/tmp”
curl -sS -o prereqs.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cardano-community/guild-operators/master/scripts/cnode-helper-scripts/prereqs.sh

chmod 755 prereqs.sh
./prereqs.sh
. “${HOME}/.bashrc”

cd ~/git
I remove h from above https link … write it back
git clone ttps://github.com/input-output-hk/cardano-node
cd cardano-node

git fetch --tags --all
git checkout 1.24.2
git pull origin master

echo -e “package cardano-crypto-praos\n flags: -external-libsodium-vrf” > cabal.project.local
$CNODE_HOME/scripts/cabal-build-all.sh