Setup secondary Relay

I am only talking about your relay. Your BP is propably fine

On mainnet you need no magic

both my relays have lock files

Okay, so your initial error message stated that the relay db is occupied by another process, which I guess is indicated by that lock file. If you stop your relay node. Does that lock file dissapear?

the lock is still in there

So, I would first delete that file and restart the node. If the error message still comes up I would delete the db folder content and let it resync.

Okay thanks for the info ill try it now

you are welcome. you should defintely use the gLiveView Tool. It comes with the CNTools package: here.
You only have to adjust the “env” and “gLiveView.sh” script and start then

./gLiveView.sh

should work like a charme

When i delete the locks they come back after starting the relays.

Also dont understand about what you mean with gLive view, i have it installed.

i havent got to the cntools section of the coin cashew guide yet. i plan to look at that soon.

Do you think i should delete my db since the locks keep coming back?

They should come back. But if there was one present before starting the node you ma have run into trouble. Do you still get the Error from your first post?

:~/cardano-my-node/db$ sudo systemctl status cardano-node
● cardano-node.service - Cardano node service
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/cardano-node.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2021-02-23 18:26:14 UTC; 4s ago
Process: 142276 ExecStart=/bin/bash -c /home/dii/cardano-my-node/startBlockProducingNode.sh (code=exited, status=127)
Main PID: 142276 (code=exited, status=127)

Feb 23 18:26:14 xxxx systemd[1]: cardano-node.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=127/n/a
Feb 23 18:26:14 xxx systemd[1]: cardano-node.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.

i have these systemctl scripts running, but i dont know if they do anything.

sudo systemctl reload-or-restart cardano-node
doesnt do anything

what comes up with:

journalctl -e -f -u cardano-node.service

?

Feb 23 18:27:59xxxx bash[142655]: /home/zzz/cardano-my-node/startBlockProducingNode.sh: line 11: cardano-node: c ommand not found
Feb 23 18:28:05 xxxx bash[142670]: /home/zzz/cardano-my-node/startBlockProducingNode.sh: line 11: cardano-node: c ommand not found
Feb 23 18:28:10xxxx bash[142701]: /home/zzz/cardano-my-node/startBlockProducingNode.sh: line 11: cardano-node: c ommand not found

so the problem lies here in systemd, that it doesnt find your start up script

1 Like

how do i fix that

what does your service file look like?

What is a service file?