Setup secondary Relay

I have 1 block and 1 relay working perfectly.

I tried adding a second one, but for some reason it doesn’t want to work. I get this error when I go to start it:

[cardano.#ekgview.realizeFrom:Error:5] [2021-02-23 14:10:20.06 UTC] EKGView backend disabled due to initialisation error: EKGServerStartupError “Network.Socket.bind: resource busy (Address already in use)”

cardano-node: The db is used by another process. File “/cardano-my-node/db/lock”

do you use cntools?

can you send screenshot from the env file from the new Relay?

i dont use cntools following the coin cashew guide for now, havent got to that part, but i have signed my transaction to register my server and added dns addresses for my two relays.

it seems like my 2nd relay is doing something now. is there a command i can give to it to see what its processing?

i dont use this guide to understand how you have prepared your nodes.

do you use gLive?
can you check on logs of cardano on the node if there is any TXs or any error?

where do i see the logs?

what is the output of this command?

sudo systemctl status cardano-node

● cardano-node.service - Cardano node service
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/cardano-node.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2021-02-23 16:24:44 UTC; 3s ago
Process: 115892 ExecStart=/bin/bash -c /home/xxx/cardano-my-node/startBlockProducingNode.sh (code=exited, status=127)
Main PID: 115892 (code=exited, status=127)

Active: active (running) since Tue 2021-02-23 17:14:12 CET; 15min ago

this is my status…
your node is restarting all the time…

did the node started last time? is new node? right?
can you please show us the startBlockProducingNode.sh ?

Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/cardano-node.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
 Active: active (running) since Tue 2021-02-23 16:33:18 UTC; 3ms ago

Main PID: 117753 (bash)
Tasks: 1 (limit: 4638)
Memory: 232.0K
CGroup: /system.slice/cardano-node.service
└─117753 /bin/bash -c /home/dii/cardano-my-node/startBlockProducingNode.sh
command looks better now

cardano-my-node
PORT=xxxx
HOSTADDR=0.0.0.0
TOPOLOGY={DIRECTORY}/mainnet-topology.json DB_PATH={DIRECTORY}/db
SOCKET_PATH={DIRECTORY}/db/socket CONFIG={DIRECTORY}/mainnet-config.json
KES={DIRECTORY}/kes.skey VRF={DIRECTORY}/vrf.skey
CERT={DIRECTORY}/node.cert cardano-node run --topology {TOPOLOGY} --database-path {DB_PATH} --socket-path {SOCKET_PATH} --host-addr {HOSTADDR} --port {PORT} --config {CONFIG} --shelley-kes-key {KES} --shelley-vrf-key {VRF} --shelley-operational-certificate {CERT}

Did you copy the db from your first relay?

What do you mean? i basically just copied my server once my relay 1 was completely up. their working but i am not exactly sure whats going on.

when you set up your relay node, did you let it sync with the network or did you copy the db from the first relay to the second to spare the time in syncing

no the first one was up and running for awhile before i duplicated to the second.

so you did copy the synced db to your new relay?

i mean i can if you think that will help. is that the db folder?

No but your db contains a lock file, like you wrote in your initial post. Did you try to stop thenode, remove that file and restart the node?

Maybe you also have a node process running in the background did you check that?

my block producer has a lock file? should i delete that?

Should I use magic or no magic?