Staking on Shelley Testnet Yoroi from a Yoroi Ledger Wallet

Hello I was researching and found this video that allows Yoroi Ledger Hardware Wallet users to stake on Shelly Testnet by transferring a Ledger Legacy Wallet onto the Shelley Testnet using password recovery phrase option.

I have a few questions before doing this as I don’t want to lose my existing ADA on my Ledger.

1. If I transfer a Ledger Legacy Wallet onto the Shelly Testnet Yoroi Wallet what happens to the ADA in my original Yoroi Ledger Wallet?
  2. What happens to the ADA on the Testnet after Shelley Testnet ends? Will they have to be transferred off the Shelley Testnet?

I do know that doing this option I should also create a new Password Recovery Phrase on my Ledger Hardware Wallet for security reasons.

that video explains risk.

1. It’s a copy of your ada nicknamed tada on another blockchain. Your real ada is still on your hard wallet on the cardano blockchain.

2. Tada on the shelley testnet will go one day, it does not go back to the main net. Only the rewards earned from delegating can be claimed on mainnet after the testnet is done

1 Like

Welcome @ADANewb,
You are right and I think that quote is the most important part. If you import the Ledger seed words somewhere else, then it is no longer a cold wallet. It becomes a hot wallet and you should not use these seed words anymore.

1 Like