Syncing as turtle

left wallet open for 10 hours and just have a sync of 00.05% ad 2 updates back it was slow but not like this in 3 hours 100% now i came up to 99.67% now i close up try it monday i am tired now guys why it also goes back everytime to verifying blockchain screen then i reload boem back @ wallet screen every 20min this happens​:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Do you really reed a full node wallet? If not id recommand to use Typhon as a light client wallet.

1 Like

have the full node wallet since 2017 ,dont want to change know have to load the whole chain it takes time but every update from shelly to now has been a ad in sync time🤔 .typhon never heard about it is safe?? where i can find it,i can import my wallet there?? is it official iohk stuff??
thanks mate zyroxa for the info

Nope Typhon is not an offical wallet. The developer behind Typhon is the same who also built cardanoscan.io.

Im using the wallet myself and my personal opinion is that its better than any wallet i used before.

You can restore your wallet with your seedphrase or just connect your hardware wallet if you use one.

https://twitter.com/TyphonWallet

1 Like

i am a little chicken when something is not backed by mr charles hoskinson&iohk&team
but in will dive in to it for info on the net about typhon wallet
once again nice to have you here friend
stay safe
greetings from amsterdam​:wink::+1:

There is also Yoroi which has been developed by Emurgo but to be honest currently id prefer Typhon over Yoroi.

1 Like

I imported my wallet in Typhon using 12 word phrase. It did some sync up for 30 hours. Now its again back to synching showing up epoch # and incremental slot number. My balance hasn’t appeared yet. Could you please help me understand why its behaving so?

12 words? Is it an old Byron wallet? I think, Typhon can only handle Shelley wallets (the ones with addr1… addresses).

No its a Shelley wallet. I see my receive address starting with addr1

And the receive address in Daedalus was the same?

Don’t remember that :slight_smile: I reformatted that machine and now am trying to recover my ADA on another one. Didn’t want to user Daedalus wallet as I don’t want full ledger on my machine

Typhon creates several receiving addresses for a given 12 word recovery phrase. How do I find out which one of those hold my token? I just tried searching address of account1 in Cardano Blockchain Explorer and it returned empty.

Long story: Seed phrases are just an encoding for very large numbers, but there are different ways to get keys and addresses from these very large numbers.

So, the same seed phrase opens a totally different wallet, when it is treated as the seed phrase of a Byron wallet, than, when it is treated as the seed phrase of a Shelley wallet (and still another unrelated wallet, when it is treated as the seed phrase of a Ledger or a Trezor).

Typhon and ccvault can only do Shelley wallets. They will never recover a Byron wallet. As far as I can see, Yoroi also removed the “Claim Byron wallet” option, or they have hidden it very well.

Last thing, I have heard is that adalite.io can still open Byron wallets.

What I would do: Create a (24-word) Shelley wallet with any of the light wallet apps. And then use adalite.io to move all funds over there to again have the full choice of wallet apps.

Thank you for the explanation. I am more informed now.
I did try adalite.io earlier and it did not show my full balance. And they do warn you that it might happen. I don’t see an option but to upgrade my RAM to 16 GB and install Daedalus and move tokens from there to 24 word shelly wallet on light wallet apps. Or is there another option?

Yes, I just tried that and got the same warning.

The latest Daedalus upgrade did include a change, so that it should run with less than 16 GiB RAM again.

It will not be fun and still take its 24 hours to sync (and 38 GiB of disk space … plus the program itself), but it could work for a one-off “move my funds away from here”.

Not really. Would be nice if Adalite would put more effort into finding all addresses. If Daedalus can do it, they should also be able to.

Thank you. Appreciate your help.