The Marketing Campaign for Cardano

I think PR is probably a more focused way to ‘market’ Cardano imo. Building a relationship with a network of journalists and then letting them know when a ‘big story’ hits regarding Cardano is probably what I would do first to get the ball rolling in that regard. The fact that Coin Desk is unwilling to mention Cardano or even the proper name of IOHK is ridiculous. I am not talking about paying for Press Releases I am talking about proper public relations to show events such as the Foundation ‘Drama’ in a good light. Being proactive and reaching out to journalists with THE story they were waiting for is key to appearing as best as can be in the eye of the public.

This is probably already happening but I think that this is a good way to build out an organic platform to then discreetly market on top of.

3 Likes

Business Insider was a place I got a lot of information from when I first started learning about crypto.

1 Like

Yes. What I’m talking about is more specifically a video advertisement geared toward promoting world wide adoption. It would be a single campaign within the marketing division.

3 Likes

“Join the Evolution”

2 Likes

It is great that marketing initiatives are being brought up by the community. I suspect Cardano Foundation & Emurgo will now become much more active, as well.

Possible stages:

1a. Early adopters (crypto) - increase user base, focus on vision & future possibilities, trading*

• Although bullish market speculation, ADA-wise, will not be officially initiated by CF, EM or IOHK, I suspect it will be indirectly supported - which would make sense
    1b. Developers - incentives both for developing dapps & for switching over from other platforms
  1. Broad scientific & IT community - leverage upon all amazing development activities implemented so far
  2. Adopters (crypto) - specific competitive advantages & very practical services; strive to be innovative & crystal clear in the communication
  3. General public - at a much, much later stage! Right now, it would be wasting time and money, IMO

Each stage and target segment will, of course, have its own specific communication style & channels …

2 Likes

Emurgo is currently hiring a marketing director, so something is happening.

I agree that it’s too early for mainstream advertising, but I trust we start as soon as possible. I would hate for a competitor to beat us to a great marketing idea.

2 Likes

I think if we incorporate those single words with an applicable image and end it off with: “Join the Evolution. Cardano.” Each ad would be dedicated to each word. E.g.: “Truth. Join the Evolution.” "Equality. Join the Evolution."etc

2 Likes

Hi there everyone… this post might be a little off, but i hope not to wander to far off topic… for the best evolution of mankind(if that expression even exist :smiley: ) please bear with me in the lag of perfect english writing, which i dont have. I might shift around in many and different topics in one big mess, hope you stay with me anyway, and build thought and reply so i can also evolve. Thank you

thanks for that perspective Zenman. a post I wouldn’t have thought to be posted here.

I think you hightlight an interesting angle to the level of perception that mankind is suffering from. That’ll be that of loss of trust even trust in between one’s own fellow men/women. These i usually term our brothers and sisters, i dare to speak like this, because your post made me feel that way(I am not religious, but i do believe)
And!!! in most cases when we meet “strangers” we will also choose to be friendly and familiarised as a default setting/factory standard, if we are not rooted in fear(many Man is)

It has been going on for long now, the distrust and the many varieties of behavior that comes with it on the side(for free unfortunatly-like Mind tend to give this for “free” at all times, if one is not carefull in using this tool)…

From a far past, inherited(or should i say promoted) into mankinds ability to think independently and totally free and at the same time without the Will to do good, people has been kept busy with just surviving, leaving not much space for life to grow free and beutifull.
We as a unit of a specie are capable of other ways of thinking and doing, than we have been used to for many Ages now, if we choose this consciously ofcourse, but one also need to know that there is plenty of possibilities within one’s own being, this could need a clever promotion or implementation into the level of awareness of mankind, who has to be ready now.
The level of awareness in the race as a whole, has reached a level where the intelligence can now understand things in a more subtle way, and in a more profound way, and therefore a barbaric behavior is to be abandoned consciously, by a Will to do Good (this will be a tough one, because it relies on the individual to choose without the egocentric part of us)

…trust in oneself to be an honorable being as for holding onto a longterm sustainable state of mind is an art of the world, and also a very selfdiciplined way of handling both mind and action. Do it with love.

We (the race) love to see life grow, and often this comes by automation from within us, especially when we know or have a relation to the persons, the amimals, vegetation etc etc… the art here will be to make everyone relate to “everything” and all life involved on this planet, and lucky enough, in these days we have the foundation allready… through all the enviromental “talks and walks” for this wholeness to be promoted in(have not thought it through yet).

Either intelligence has either been tampered with, (or the way to percieve intelligence has) or then evolution has just not reached or left room/space for itself to evolve in a proper manner just yet. Time is now, not reversed either, twisted or tampered with because of some egoking back in the days. I speak of a universal clock ticking, and our perception of time is not equalized with these universal fases. An understanding of Time as for what Time is and what universal cyclus’ we are a part of.(lagging english now-bugger!!— sorry)—what i am saying is that the calender we use in everyday life is not a universal default.

Keeping the people busy is a good thing, its leaving room for the indivudual to unfold the creativity of the one self, that is lagging. Coloured and twisted into an “offtrack’n’twisted-like-mindset” has slowed evolution of the consciousness or awareness if you like this word better.

It would be an honorable gift to pass on an expanded consciousness or level of perception of this, if that could happen somehow…

back to trust, or the lag of such …The outcome as a lag of trust is not solely be blames of these big institution, banks etc… they are not the only one to blame, its a fase that every Mind (maybe whole being) has to go through, in the search of the pure answer, the Will to do Good-answer in whatever situation one is facing at that given time in that one’s own life. (the instituitions and big coorporations could be the physical mirror to that state that the commen consciousness is facing in these days, where evolution is raging fast forward)…

What have been offered and promoted to the public throughout history is that of the barbaric and more underdeveloped mind"work", compared to what Mind is really capable of performing, if one choose to do good for Mankind(very important). Lagging the words and ways to express this massive subject… Maybe its really not something that has been promoted really, hard to explain on text, but rather see it more likely to be a mirroring of the awareness of the time in which that conscuiosness has unfolded and expressed itself through the one living in that timearea …Noone to blame here,(i hope) we are all evolving that same consciousness, experiencing it from this personality we “have” in this context of life we experience it from. Maybe it has not even been an “offtrack’n’twisted-like-mindset”, maybe we just need to evolve from this state we are able to percieve it from now, with the intelligence so expanded worldwide, we can all now learn to evolve consciously…

Sorry for a messy post, Mind really wanted to get rid of all this.

2 Likes

Thank you for expressing those ideas. I feel we as a species are in a race between our better and worse nature. I think we here are working for the better.

Firstly, Thank You! For showing the effectiveness of the hook “Join the Evolution.” I think it is the perfect slogan .

I do feel there is a shift in consciousness occurring. Cardano is on the side of evolution, stepping into a higher level of consciousness.

As this relates to marketing for Cardano - if we get this right, it’ll be a world-wide movement.

1 Like

Hello all,
A couple of points;

1. I would find it highly ironic if you are trying to become known for being worthy of trust to advertise and market yourself as trust worthy. As marketing and advertising is basically lying to sway perception. It has historically been deceitful and goes hand in hand with all the other areas of our society that are bankrupt of integrity.

2. These days people are becoming more and more anti advertising just look at google’s difficulties. https://hackernoon.com/how-google-collapsed-b6ffa82198ee

3. A question I am thinking of is “If it is trust that you wish to be known for how do you let people know that you are trust worthy?” For me it is when you can demonstrate that you will continue to do what is right when it is difficult to do so. When you as a company put your neck on the line for what you say your for.
    The public is ready for this. Look at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, or Bernie Sanders. The public want people and companies that are going to follow through on their interest not on selling out.
    Google tapped this in the late 90’s and early 2000’s with its public relations campaign revolving around “don’t be evil” they didn’t even advertise.
    “Google was built without any ads. Instead, it used two cheaper and far more effective brand building tools: viral marketing and public relations.”
    https://www.brandingstrategyinsider.com/2008/09/what-the-google.html

4. Public relations is huge! If Cardano gets involved with current events which are inline with its goals and supports other industries, people, and industries that are about authentic trust and non corruption people will advertise for you. If Cardano somehow assisted Julian Assange, or any of the whistle blowers, especially for the panama papers. That stuff is legit! It is the kind of thing that lets the public know that you actually stand for what you say you do even when it is uncomfortable and risky to do so.
    It wont require many of these to establish opinion either.

Anyway hope its food for thought!

2 Likes

Blockfolio:app Signal

Signals are kind of like news. Someone should take over the signal for cardano to post news and get people excited =)

1 Like
  • Not sure this is true.

I agree, being “sure” they know is too certain. However, its both their job to find a solution for their respective company and Emurgo to find them.

And it is our responsibility to make sure they know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That i absolutely disagree with, but its all good. I expect that we all have plans for them.

Responsibility is the wrong word. It’s in our best interests…

1 Like
  1. I disagree. The most effective marketing is sincere. We are leading the general public to blockchain via the path we have constructed. That path can be clear and free of deception.

2. People are anti stuff if they don’t get the perspective presented. How many people feel that their trust has been betrayed?

3. We need complete transparency.

4. Agreed

2 Likes

can anyone link me User Freindly Daap or other feature that is allready in place, ready to go?

something that actually mirrors ‘Trust’ …

(Not any geeky stuff, as the rest of what else is related to the tech of blockchain)

I’m one of these guys with ad blocker and I switch off radio and tv as soon as ads start. I don’t like the idea of having Cardano advertised. I believe that very soon, when investors can use their Ledger and when DAPP developer can build on Cardano, there will be a constant stream of good news which is worth more than any advertising campaign.

I for myself put 1000 Ada onto a paper wallet and announced to my coffee round at work that my hope is, than in future we will not need to pay any coffee costs any more. The ADA have to stay at the wallet for three years, afterwards they will be used for buying coffee, milk and sugar. Maybe some colleagues will inform themselfs now about Cardano, I don’t know.

Even after 2008 most people don’t believe in evil banks, so I don’t know if it’s a good idea to put this in the center of a campaign. Furthermore Cardano is no anti-bank, anti-government, anti-establishment currency but tries to improve the financing possibilities where there are still white regions on the financial maps. So to me two unique selling points would be “banking the unbanked” and that you don’t need to destroy the globe by PoW to secure your transactions. And maybe in some time “democracy”, “transparency” and “trust” will be keywords to be associated with Cardano, but only after Cardano has earned it by its doings.

6 Likes