Trezor T

Is my understanding correct concerning moving to Trezor T for Daedalus.
Can you take an existing Daedalus wallet and transition it to Trezor T
via Add wallet/Pair and keep all wallet content (coins and history) safely?

Hi @wgibson1004,

No that is not possible. Your Trezor T will have it’s own wallet (and corresponding keys/addresses) and initially the addresses will be unused and thus without transactions. You need to first add your trezor T wallet to daedalus. You will then have both wallets in Daedalus (old non-trezor and the new trezor wallet). Now you need to transfer your ADA in your initital non-trezor wallet to your new trezor wallet. Consider sending a small amount of ada first and confirming it went well before you send the rest.

Your new trezor wallet will therefore not hold the transaction history of your old wallet, but no need to delete and throw away your old wallet’s recovery phrase. I hope this helps.

PS: after that don’t forget to stake your ada for the 5% annual rewards :slight_smile:

Hi ADAGood,

Thanks that really helps. I didn’t want to loose the history
but can hold on to the old wallet as well.

1 Like

Hi,
Nope, when u will pair the ledger to the daedalus a new wallet (trezor one) it will be created… that means u will need to send the funds from the daedalus simple wallet to trezor wallet.

Please first send only a small amount (like 10ADA) and play with ledger

• send 10 ADA to trezor
  • delete the wallet from daedalus (trezor one)
  • restore the wallet in daedalus (trezor one)
  • restore the trezor device (using the 24 seed words for trezor)
  • connect trezor on adalite.io
  • if in all cases u will see the 10ADA that means u succesfully send the 10 ADA to the trezor and u can send all funds

Cheers,

• send 10 ADA to trezor
  • delete the wallet from daedalus (trezor one)
  • restore the wallet in daedalus (trezor one)
  • restore the trezor device (using the 24 seed words for trezor)
  • connect trezor on adalite.io
  • if in all cases u will see the 10ADA that means u succesfully send the 10 ADA to the trezor and u can send all funds

Could you please give a brief reasoning at each step? I am a little
confused about deleting the wallet from daedalus and restoring back.

I am talking about new trezor wallet (first trezor setup) not the simple daedalus wallet where u have all ADA

but I saw it’s an old story… so u can ignore :slight_smile: