Trezor&Yoroi "staking rights do not match"

Alexd, No I haven’t tried to restore the trezor with the 12 word seed yet. The trezor has the same 12 word seed in it that was there when I created the initial wallet, that I deposited my 1000 ada in, that I can’t transact.

I added a new wallet on yoroi with my trezor WITH the passphrase ENABLED in trezor suite, but I left the passphrase BLANK when prompted during the wallet setup in yoroi. I deposited 2 ADA into it. I was again unable to transact it. I just got an error from yoroi that said, “something un-expected happened,” but no “,staking rights do not match error”

I added ANOTHER additional wallet on yoroi with my trazor AFTER DISABLING THE PASSPHRASE in trezor suite. I deposited 2 ada into it. This time I WAS ABLE TO TRANSACT using the trezor!

Did the enabling/or leaving enabled the passphrase function prior to the use of yoroi cause my yoroi wallet to malfunction with trezor REGARDLESS of what the passphrase is, or even if it is left blank?

Is my 1,000 (+2) ADA “burnt?”

Thanks for your help, additional help if available

Hmm, can u try to downgrade the trezor version?

@aaronfitz There are 3 possibilities I can think of:

A) Your Trezor was restored with a different 12 word phrase. This is a surprisingly common and easy mistake to make, i.e. it displays the word “fox”, you write down “fix”, and then when verifying the phrase you enter “fox” so it seems like it worked, but now your written phrase doesn’t match what is stored. With a 12 word phrase there is a 6% chance that a single typo will still pass the checksum, with 2 typos the chance is 25%, so it’s really not that unlikely.

B) You had a typo in your passphrase. Even if it’s a password you use frequently, just a small typo like a letter case or extra space would cause this problem.

C) Some kind of bug in the Trezor firmware. (It’s been known to happen.)

Even if the chance of A or B is remote, those are 2 things that you could potentially fix yourself, so I think it’s worth trying them. If the answer is C then there’s nothing you can do unless you’re up for debugging Trezor’s embedded firmware or you get lucky with Trezor support.

As a side note, I had some free time yesterday and finished the passphrase recovery feature for my software, which you can check out at the link I posted earlier. This can now repair mistakes in both the recovery phrase and the passphrase.

Alexd, can you post a link related to downgrading the trezor version that is about -how to- or related rationale to fix problems? I have to head to work now I’ll research it when I get home. Thanks

Jettoblack, I don’t think it’s a problem with the 12 word seedphrase because I haven’ve changed it since I initialized the Trezor, and used it to create the wallet on Yoroi that’s got my ADA in that I can’t transact.

I strongly consider the possibility that it’s the passphrase that I unwittingly used at that time, and created a typo in it. However, I’ve tried many possible combinations with no success.

Because I’ve added a new wallet with the passphrase enabled, and left if blank, but still got the something wrong error when trying to send, makes me believe it’s a technical problem with the use of the passphrase function itself.

With the passphrase blank, I got “something wrong,” but I didn’t get “…staking rights do not match,” like I did with the first wallet I added that apparently has a non-blank passphrase, to be more precise.

I then added another new wallet after disabling the passphrase and was able to transact.

So I know what to do to use the Trezor with Yoroi now, which is disable the passphrase function PRIOR to adding a new wallet with the trezor on Yoroi.

Now I want to see if there’s anything I can do to recover my ADA i initially deposited in the first malfunctioning wallet.

Looks like we are in the same boat here. My thread: Yoroi and Trezor problems

If I find a solution I will post it, please do the same. Maybe we should contact Trezor support also.

1 Like

If the user did not input any passphrase (default setting), an empty string "" is used. When the feature is activated, the user is prompted to enter the passphrase which is then combined with the recovery seed on the device, and a new wallet is generated.

Try to add a space character for the passphrase when u restore the wallet

The use of a " " single space as a passphrase doesn’t allow me to transact using the wallet I created with the passphrase function enabled, but with a blank passphrase. I’m still unable to send both from that wallet, and the wallet that I created, I believe, with a populated passphrase.

Do you have any more info about the idea of downgrading the firmware?

1 Like

I mean, can you suggest how far back I should downgrade to potentially resolve this passphrase-yoroi problem

I don’t know, it was a suggestion

I’ll experiment with it, thanks

I’d suggest contacting Trezor support before wiping out the firmware.

Aaron did You manage to downgrade the Trazor firmware is it giving any positive results. I have the same issue and trying to figure out what is the root cause. I’m also 100% sure that passphrase was not used in my case.

Hello… good day sir, I have my yoroi wallet created with trezor T and it only lets me recieve ada when I try to send ada it goes though the whole motion on the trezor but it gives me at the end errors to “something unexpected happened please retry” I have not delegated any cause it doesnt let me. always the same thing " somthing unexpected happened please retry " tried Adalite and everything perfectly. I see my funds but they are untouchable. 17100 ADA. My life’s savings. I truly believe in cardano…sold all other assets to go all in and now I feel I lost it. Please help.Yoroi support is non existant. I can tell you the hash trx. If you can help or get me with someone that could help. Thank for your time. I can send you any pictures you may need on both where I sent it from and where I recieved it along with my wallet number and trx hash . Thank you for reading "Treat everyone as you would like to be treated.:blush:

Use adalite.io until the yoroi issues will be fixed or u can try to install yoroi on another browser like mozzila or chrome

I have my ada on crypto.com now… but the bulk is in yoroi.

You want to move the funds from trezor wallet to the simple wallet? And if u connect the trezor on adalite.io do u see the balance? Do u see the ADA? Can u delegate from there?

Hash trx: 01032051b908630295014d2d0d4a2d7c46e19593e795595638561b76ae6d5f5574f579b66fe844c58f25e027533be14cb14a0351330246bad0

I’m sending video