Trouble with 2.10

Hello, everybody. I’m having getting my new Daedalus Mainnet to work. I downloaded it successfully and it was dutifully copying the blockchain until it was about 95% complete then it stopped functioning. The wallet is functioning but it is non-responsive and will not sync. Does any one have any suggestions for me?

Hi, welcome…
Can you please describe what OS do you use? how long you wait? and spec of your computer if you don’t mind?

FYI, I use Centos 8, Intel quadcore I5 coffeelake, 32GB Ram, and SSD drive.
When I first time open daedalus wallet my load goes like crazy to 6. I think the first sync eat a lot of resources.
And I left couple hours then go back again and their finish.
Did anybody also facing the same problem?

Maybe disk space ran out? Daedalus syncs the entire blockchain to your computer, which requires 5+ GB of storage space. Also, syncing will become slow near the end, I noticed it around 99% and after, but it will still make visible progress.

1 Like

After 35-40 attempts I finally got my Byron (formerly Daedalus) wallet to sync, and it will now sync every three to four times I attempt it. I created a new Shelley wallet to transfer my tokens to only to find it asked for my spenders’ password. I don’t have one to my knowledge and I couldn’t find out how from the page how to create or change my existing spenders’ password. Could you tell how to do this?

Thanks,
Ted Dyer

Dear hayamoto:

After 35-40 attempts I finally got my Byron (formerly Daedalus) wallet to sync, and it will now sync every three to four times I attempt it. I created a new Shelley wallet to transfer my tokens to only to find it asked for my spenders’ password. I don’t have one to my knowledge and I couldn’t find out how from the page how to create or change my existing password. Could you tell how to do this?

Thanks,
Ted Dyer

I don’t think we can change the spender password.
Because they only give one chance to create password. I think the best way is to create new password.

How do I do that. I don’t see any way from the wallet interface.

Thanks for your time,
Ted

If you are creating a new wallet the password asked for is a new one, your choice.

How do you create a new password?

So you can’t just create a new spending password to an existing wallet?

Well that would kind of defeat the purpose of a password wouldn’t it?

Sorry, if you’ve lost the spending password of the old Byron wallet you will need to restore it from the seed phrase, which I hope you have safe and certain. Click Add wallet and go from there. (Not sure if Daedalus is ok with two instances of the same wallet, if it complains you can go back and delete the existing wallet then start restore process again. In that case you can be sure the seed phrase is correct.)

1 Like