Unable to delegate ADA by entering amount in Yoroi wallet

Hi community,

I wanted to change my stake pool yesterday so I undelegated in Yoroi. All of my previous ADA and rewards from the past 8 epochs are in my wallet, but when I choose a new stake pool to delegate to I am unable to enter an ‘amount’ and therefore unable to stake. Any ideas? I saw someone post about this yesterday but it was deleted before any answers given. Thanks in advance!

Best,

Hey @waingro

You dont have to enter any amount to that field. Just keep it empty and click “delegate”.

This is because you can’t delegate a fraction of your funds, instead you delegate the whole wallet.

Cheers
Fabian

Hello @waingro, welcome to the community!

As @waingro indicates, you do not delegate part of the amount of your wallet but all of it.

On the other hand, if you want to delegate to more than one stake pool (or simply delegate a part of the total ada you have), what you have to do is create another (or several) wallets and from each of these choose a different stake pool .

If you create different wallets, please be responsible and take all the security measures required to permanently save your mnemonics (the words of your recovery phrase). This is vitally important.

In the not too distant future, it is very likely that you will not have to take these troubles to be able to do this, since multi-delegation will be available from a single wallet.

Greetings.