Unable to restore Daedalus wallet. Error while restoring blockchain addresses 222

I had restarted the laptop after making those changes. And yes it’s the same laptop I used when I first installed daedalus about 5 years ago

ok, then go and search for the secret.key
store/bkp the files on an usb or on another location, then try to uninstall the daedalus and install it again, then go to restore the wallet via secret.key ( you must know the spending password in order to move the funds out from byron wallet)

Before using the secret key method, could I try with 12 word recovery phrase first?

Should I also fully clear all wallet and chain folders/files before reinstalling 4.5.2 mainet?

if u tried the 12 seed words on adalite.io and the balance is 0 then you will have same result on daedalus

so, you should try with the secret.key, and follow the steps provided above for a complete uninstallation… but do this after you bkped the secret.key

Thanks I’ve backed up secret key.

Daedalus did connect to the network for first ~90% and then dropped in and out, when it was connected I could see my old transactions there which looked like the total amount of ADA I have, daedalus didn’t show the balance as it couldn’t fully sync.

Thanks again for your help I will try both phrase and secret key recovery methods after full reinstall and let you know how I go…

Can you confirm if yoroi is not an option for my current situation?

Hello I have a similar problem.
I first setup Daedalus on Mac back on 18 August 2021. I don’t recall if this was Shelley or Byron version. I only log in every few months because it is so much RAM on my 8Gb RAM old Mac. Today I finally logged in again and was prompted by “the Delegation Center is not available becuase you do not have any Shelley-compatable wallets”. So I found “Restore a Wallet”. I entered in my 24 word phrase phrase. That worked

But now on Step 3 of 3 “Restore a Wallet” I am getting “An Error Occurred” each time after I post my Wallet Name and Password. I am not sure if I am using the original name of the wallet. I have the original address I transferred to to from Binance. Can someone from Cardano/Daedalus support help me to access my wallet?

there is not a must to use the original wallet name and spending password… I know that more people had this issue but I don’t know how they solved it… I know u must have a strong password (min 10 characters, etc)

can u try with another strong password which should include @$- characters?

If still not working u can contact the IOHK team and they should be able to solve the issue

https://iohk.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000877653-Mainnet-Daedalus-Wallet

click on ? mark → search for daedalus → press contact us and fill the form

Cheers,

Thank you. I tried another strong password as you suggested with @$- and still not working so am contacting support as you suggest. Thanks so much :grinning:

1 Like

You have the possibility to restore the daedalus walllet on other wallets like yoroi,adalite.io (if it’s an emergency)… but my suggestion is to wait for the IOHK answear

Hi Alex,

I am having the same problem. I already increased my page file.
But i dont have a secret key and i have a diffrent pc also.
I have no idea what else to do. I only have a my 12 word recovery.
I did make an yoroi wallet and got this error.
Please help?

Try to restore the wallet on adalite.io if still not working then contact IOHK support team

https://iohk.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000877653-Mainnet-Daedalus-Wallet