UPDATE on the fake Daedulas wallet on Google Play

Hello from Copenhagen Denmark, i would like to give an update on this topic. I have been in contact with Google Play as of today, and there should be some progress in removing the fake app.
I have also filled out their form regarding the legal removal issues

Blockquote If you believe you have located a specific piece of content that is unlawful in your country, you may use this form to submit a complaint
Blockquote

and also their alleged copyright infringement department

Blockquote It is our policy to respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement.

Blockquote

and also had them on their chat

Blockquote google Support

You’re connected with agent Scarlett.
9:37 PM
S
Thanks for contacting Google Support. My name is Scarlett.
Hello Peter.
In case you need to refer to this chat interaction in the future, please take note of the following ID:-6-0056000031174
Could you please elaborate the issue so that I can assist you better accordingly?
Scarlett · 9:38 PM
Hello from Copenhagen Denmark. I would like to report a dangerous fake app in the app store
9:38 PM
S
Apologies for the inconvenience caused, please don’t worry, I’d be happy to look into the issue and see what best I could do here for you.
I understand that you want to report against an app
Scarlett · 9:39 PM
the app is called Daedalus wallet
yes.
9:39 PM
S
Thanks for sharing the details.
Please don’t worry, I certainly will try to help you with the best possible resolution.
Here is the form to make a report against the app- Report a Policy Violation - Play Console Help .
Scarlett · 9:40 PM
on behalf of the Cardano community, google store has a app called Daedalus and is stealing our users funds/crypto
9:40 PM
S
Are you referring to Google Store or Google Play store?
Scarlett · 9:41 PM
besides filling out the form, can someone at Google store block this app
It’s the Google Play store
9:41 PM
S
Alright.
Scarlett · 9:42 PM
it must be flagged asap
9:42 PM
S
Yes, that is correct.
Let me help you to flag the app.
Please open the Play store app.
Search for the app by the name.
Scarlett · 9:43 PM
It’s hackers or something like that using IOHK inc and posing to come from there
app called Daedalus wallet
9:43 PM
S
I certainly understand that this is upsetting for you.
Once the app is flagged, I would guide you how to secure your account.
Scarlett · 9:44 PM
but it’s not from IOHK inc
9:44 PM
S
Ohh, I see.
Scarlett · 9:45 PM
i have personally not downloaded the app from the store, but many of our users have.
and many may still try later on or the day after. Many funds have been stolen soo far
9:46 PM
S
I am really sorry to hear all about this.
I woiuld suggest you to submit the public review om Google Play store page immediately.
Scarlett · 9:46 PM
we have, many have, but nothing has happened
that’s why i’m reaching out this way
9:47 PM
S
I see, please submit through the below steps-
Open the Google Play Store Google Play.
Browse or search for the app you want to review.
Find and select the app to open the detail page.
Scroll down until you get to the reviews section.
Select the number of stars.
Tap Submit.
Give feedback and write a short review.
Tap Finish.
Are you referring to this app- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.itxtech.daedalus&gl=DK ?
Scarlett · 9:48 PM
the link leads me back to here, and to fill out the forms, which i have standing by. also the form for copyright
i will fill out the forms shortly after this conversation.
9:50 PM
S
Ohh, I see. It might be some technical issue.
Sure, no worries.
The form is to make a report against the app.
If the app developer found to be not following the terms of service, correct measures will be taken against the app developer.
Developers are expected to abide by the developer Content Policy and the Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement, and we take Google Play policy breaches of applications very seriously.
You will find the changes in the play store itself, as and when the changes will take place.
Scarlett · 9:51 PM
great, thanks. As long as no one can download the app as of today it will be great. On behalf of the Cardano community, i would like to say thank you.
9:52 PM
S
I appreciate that you brought this to our attention.
Thank you for all the efforts, Peter.
Scarlett · 9:53 PM
S
It is my pleasure to assist such patient and co-operative customers like you
Once again we regret the inconvenience this may have caused, however, at same time we really appreciate your time and understanding with us.
Scarlett · 9:53 PM
that app is really stealing a lot of funds and must be removed.
9:53 PM
S
I certainly understand, that is why I have suggested you to report and submit the public review.
Scarlett · 9:54 PM
It will be done. well, that’s all for me for now, and hope you have a great day.
9:54 PM
S
Is there anything else I can help you with today?
I am happy to help.
Scarlett · 9:55 PM
okay, then bye for now.
9:55 PM
S
It was pleasure chatting with you. Have a nice day. Stay happy and safe, Peter. Thank you for your precious understanding, time and patience.
Thanks for contacting Google. A short survey will appear in this chat window. We’d love to hear your feedback.
Scarlett left the chat.
9:55 PM

Blockquote

so fingers crossed that they will up their game and react fast. I hope this helps the Cardano users and the Cardano forum. To the Moon all :smiley:

3 Likes

I lost 13k Ada from this fake wallet. Is there anyway google will refund users due to their negligence in allowing a fraudulent application on their store.

Looks like the wallet has been removed form Google Play, lets’s hope so

1 Like