With intense excitement and humbling admiration, hello from Miami, FL

Hello Cardano Community!

My name is Karim and I am a history major, turned science-nerd, working as a professional poker player in Miami. My screen name is just a little nod to Rick n’ Morty and The Last Airender, two of my all time favorite shows.

Like many of you I was very intrigued and excited as I learned about the world of cryptocurrency. The possibilities of decentralization, the idea of trust-less systems, and the potential rewards of investing in a nascent sector made the space irresistible almost immediately (once I actually understood it anyway, dismissed it the first few times I heard about it).

But nothing compares to the excitement that I feel for this project, the philosophy of Cardano is a complete embodiment of the principles of the scientific tradition. **Process over people. ** Those are the most beautiful words I have heard coming from someone in this space. Peer-review and the scientific-method aren’t “novel” ideas that should be considered, they have been the bedrock of human progress for the last 400 years! The way the Cardano project has chosen to conduct itself, to me, goes beyond cryptocurrencies. It really is how all human institutions should aim to operate - Transparently, scientifically, and competitively. From their whiteboard videos to their open hangouts, from Charles’ interviews to even the very quality of the UI on this forum (seriously, wow), this project just seems to be operating on a completely different level. It reminds of institutions like NASA or CERN, I know that might be a silly comparison but there is just such a high level of professionalism and performance, its incredibly humbling.

I am very excited to be a part of this community, I do not know how much I will be able to contribute having no programming or marketing background, but rest assured this is a community I want to be a part of. Needless to say I will spread the word about Cardano anytime I can.

Charles and many others whom I simply don’t know but am sure were there, thank you for creating a project with these standards and this vision. Long live science and long live Cardano! =)

2 Likes

Made me smile.

Welcome @IrohC137 aka Rick n’ Morty aka The Last Airender