Yoroi w/ Ledger - Byron to Shelly transfer issue

Hi everyone,

Haven’t used Yoroi since Shelly became supported on it. First time accessing it I loaded a Shelley wallet at which time it asked me if I wanted to transfer my Byron balance. I declined to do so because this was all still new to me and I don’t want to make any mistakes.

So I need to manually send my balance from the Byron wallet to Shelly. I copy the Shelly address and paste it into the Byron wallet to send a test amount of 50 ada. During the process I connect the ledger and it asked me to confirm the amount which matches the amount I want to transfer. The next screen it asks to validate the Shelly address which I did and confirmed. The next screen it asks me to confirm the amount again, but this time the amount it is displaying is significantly larger than what I’m trying to send.

Is there a minimum required balance that I must transfer when moving ada from Byron to Shelly? or is this evidence that my device has been tampered with or that the wallet I’m using has an issue or also has been tampered with?

my expectation would be that both prompts asking me to confirm the amount to transfer would match the amount I entered originally but this is not the case here and I’m not approving the transaction without more info.

Thanks!

Hey @CardiB

Check out that video, im pretty sure that explains your “problem” :slight_smile:

Cheers
Fabian

1 Like

Hi, I had this exact same problem when I wanted to move my ADA from a Byron address to a new Shelly one. What I found easier and more convenient instead of sending it manually across myself I used my ledger through the Adalite interface. Once connected to adalite via ledger there is a click button that will automatically let you covert your Ada to a new Shelly address. Once you have done this and you use the yoroi interface again with your ledger it will be a new Shelley address and there will be no need to send it manually and you can happily start staking. Hope this helps

1 Like

Good video to watch. Appreciate you taking time to help me. :pray:t4: If I understand correctly, the 2nd “confirm amount” prompt i see is a transaction sending me back change from one of the internal addresses?

So this is normal and it should be safe to send the transaction through?

Thanks again :beers:

That’s a good idea as well. :beers: Mate

Thank you for the idea!

1 Like

exactly :+1:t3: anyway make sure the amounts are correct and double check that! :slight_smile:

Cheers
Fabian

1 Like