Ambassador Stories, Journal #31: Benjamin Moore & Anthony Capriotti

Ambassador Stories, Journal #31: Benjamin Moore & Anthony Capriotti

Welcome to the 31st journal of the “Ambassador Stories” series! :star_struck::tada:

New stories will be shared with you, whenever new ambassadors join our ranks and provide their stories.

You’ll be able to enjoy the various, unique stories of our Cardano Community Ambassadors: what motivated, and still motivates them, to be part of this amazing and wonderful community?

The Cardano Community Team would also like to thank the Ambassadors for all their continued efforts and participation in sharing their stories with us. :writing_hand:

Please read all about Benjamin & Anthony down below! :open_book:

The Cardano Team is happy to welcome Benjamin & Anthony, and we are looking forward to your contributions in the coming months. Thanks for all that you do, it is much appreciated!

Part 1: Benjamin, Meetup Organiser:

Benjamin has recently joined the Ambassador ranks as a Meetup Organiser.

1) Tell us a little about yourself. What is your background?

I grew up in Mexico, where I lived til I turned 18, with the exception of only a few years. I am American, my parents worked there. From a love of modding video games, I ended up getting into software development, which has been a pretty good career for me. I went to school and worked in the Carolinas for about 10 years, and when the pandemic hit, took the opportunity to move to Miami once everything went remote.

2) How did you get interested and involved with Blockchain/Crypto?

Initially, buying bitcoin, then looked for other things to invest in. I had some bitcoin back when it was $1000, from there I found Ethereum, and after that, Cardano.

3) Why Cardano?

"When I first found Cardano, I really liked what I was hearing about formal methods, the K framework, and Haskell. It seemed like at last here was a blockchain that was interested in doing the serious engineering work needed to take crypto beyond mere ICOs and meme tokens.

I think that focus on engineering stems from Cardano’s core values, which are to make a real change in the world, rather than just capitalize on a fad with an endless stream of useless tokens."

4) How are you contributing to the Cardano Ecosystem as an Ambassador?

I help lead the Cardano South Florida Meetup group in Miami, and also am a founding member of The Cardano Solution, a non-profit outfit formed by some core members of the Miami meetup to advance the Cardano ecosystem in the area.

5) What is your future vision for the Cardano Ecosystem?

I really like the term RealFi, and I think crypto and Cardano specifically need to keep building out for it. In my view, crypto will have made it when real-world companies use blockchain to raise money for concrete things, e.g. new factories, shops, land, etc.

6 ) What is your personal message to the Cardano community?

Seize the day!

—The End of Part 1.

Part 2: Anthony, Content Creator

Anthony has recently joined the Ambassador ranks as a Content Creator.

1) Tell us a little about yourself. What is your background?

Hello, I’m 33, married & have a year & a half old daughter. I pay the bills as a land surveyor & a musician on the weekends. I like to home brew beer, though I drink more than I brew :laughing: We have so many house plants you’d think someone was playing Jumanji. In my spare time, I create content to help enrich the vibe of the Cardano community

2) How did you get interested and involved with Blockchain/Crypto?

My father in-law opened my eyes when he asked me how I planned on raising a family or paying the bills while my wife was out of work. I picked up some side work but that’s also when I started to do my own research & discovered how the working man can enter Crypto.

3) Why Cardano?

The passion for the vision. You would expect Charles to be passionate about his Project but once you realize the entire decentralized community grinds for a better financial system for all, it kinda just sweeps you off your feet. Charles’ whiteboard video really caught my attention & the Cardano Effect podcast sealed the deal.

4) How are you contributing to the Cardano Ecosystem as an Ambassador?

Content creator, meme maker, Shepard of the vibe

5) What is your future vision for the Cardano Ecosystem?

A fair financial system for all with a transparent & honest voting system being utilized by the masses & having some fun along the way

6 ) What is your personal message to the Cardano community?

Life is not up only, at some point we all have our own bear to battle. We maybe decentralized but you are not alone.

—The End of Part 2.

We are truly blessed with such motivated community members we have in our ecosystem! Thank you all for reading, and don’t forget to leave your comments/likes and give our Ambassadors some Cardano community :heart: and follow their work!:100::muscle:

Until next time, with new people and new Ambassador Stories! :wave:

2 Likes

The foundation should have more transperancy regarding how they choose ambassador. The metrics and/or the process should be open to public.