Published by the Cardano community team every two weeks, this Digest will provide you with news, updates and events about the project and ecosystem!
If you are interested in receiving the Community Digest in the future directly via email please sign-up here!
In collaboration with Georgia’s National Wine Agency, as well as the Bolnisi Winemakers Association and Scantrust, the Cardano Foundation will develop a solution on the Cardano blockchain to assure the quality and authenticity of Georgian wine. The four partners will collaborate to create a flexible, public track and trace system to help Georgia’s international image as a quality wine producer. For more information, read here
Cardano’s AtalaPRISM has been selected as part of the future digital infrastructure development in Japan!
A proposal submitted by Dentsu/ISID Public DX Consortium, which includes the use of Cardano’s blockchain to help verify the information, validity and legitimacy of SME’s and individual merchants, has passed Japan’s national Digital Agency’s open proposal scheme.
Whilst this is only the initial proposal stage and there will be some time before the implementation of the technology is tested, this marks a huge leap forward within the APAC region for Cardano’s use within institutions.
Kuni (@leon_stake_pool) made significant contributions to this achievement so we would like to thank them for their tremendous efforts.
Further info here (Japanese only): Project Num. 08
Cardanoupdates.com is back with the help of Koios
Cardanoupdates.com has been struggling for months, to the point where there were serious considerations given to shutdownthe site. Fortunately, to avoid such an untimely event from occurring and to secure the future of this widely used site, the Koios team has stepped in to help further develop the platform through the use of their API. source
By stepping in, Koios has now enabled the site to continue gathering changes from all branches of Cardano development-related repos. Something that will continue to help the community track all of the hard work being done on Cardano’s development.
With the Vasil hard fork event coming up in just a few days (on September 22nd, 2022), the technical teams at IOHK and Cardano Foundation have put together a much appreciated mid-month development update. The team took the time to explain what would happen if exchanges did not yet update, how the route to the hard fork event will look like, and what to anticipate following the event. With this new network update, Cardano will receive several advancements that the community has been looking forward to for months. Cardano360
The Cardano Community recently celebrated the 1st anniversary of the Alonzo Hard Fork. To reflect on the significant improvements and enabling smart contract capabilities. Here is a Twitter thread from the Cardano Foundation highlighting what Alonzo has meant for Cardano.
This week, we’re proud to once again present two new Ambassador Stories. This time we bring you the stories of Lucy Clifton & Evans Kisanga. Lucy has joined the Ambassador ranks as a Meetup organizer, and Evans as a Translator. Their stories not only give insight into how they contribute to the further advancement of our ecosystem, but also give you a small look into their personal lives. We hope you enjoy reading their stories as much as we did interviewing them.
Below are the most engaging topics on Reddit
- OUT NOW: #Daedalus 5.0.0 for mainnet Daedalus 5.0.0 Mainnet release supports node version 1.35.3 and is #Vasil compatible.
- Climate and Energy Implications of Crypto-Assets in the United States -Charles Hoskinson Youtube
- MuesliSwap is doing a governance vote to decide which stake pool they work with for yield farming and ada staking on their upcoming amm launch
- Coin Bereaus new video update on the Vasil hardfork
- Get involved in Project Catalyst or risk throwing your ADA away
- CIP (Cardano Improvement Proposal) Editors Meeting #52 - Sep 7, 2022 - Cardano Foundation YouTube
- Cardano Foundation Releases New Series Focused on SPOs
- Voting catalyst
- Myth busting: Cardano is not like the current fiat system
Topics that have received the most clicks from external sources. (last 10 Days)
Topic & Clicks
- Vasil Upgrade: Date Confirmed 1162
- Cardano Community Digest - 5 September 2022 964
- CF Delegation Application Form is open for the next round (October 2022) 541
- 340 ADA Pool Fee is becoming more of a concern 425
- After unpairing Trezor My ADA does not appear in my Daedalus wallet (stuck on the blockchain?) How do I retrieve/restore it back to Daedalus? 169
- Stake Pools You Should Know About: SHARP Pool 154
- Node is restarting almost every hour by itself! 127
- IOG’s Self Paced Interactive Haskell Course Is Getting Started 119
- I can not restore my yoroi wallet. Even with my seed frase 90
- Nano staking with existing Daedalus wallet 63
TPS: transactions per second
A measure of the level of activity on a blockchain. Because blockchain transactions differ from traditional payments (and between systems) by their functionality and volume, throughput is a better metric. Whereas Ethereum’s TPS only considers individual transactions, the EUTXO accounting model allows for multiple transactions to be included in a single one. Cardano’s TPS, therefore, cannot accurately be compared to Ethereum’s TPS as 1:1.
Other meetups around the world:
- 05 July 2022|Cardano Catalyst Women: How can we address social & environmental issues thanks to blockchain?
- 16 July 2022|Cardano Seattle Meetup. Meetup.com
Here are two pictures from the Seattle meetup. For more pictures and a short description, see Cardano Forum
- 20 July 2022|Brisbane Cardano Meetup. Meetup.com
- 22 July 2022|Cardano South Florida Meetup. Meetup.com
- 08 September 2022|Cardano Meetup Amsterdam. More info
Denicio Bute, Community Manager, attended the Amsterdam Meetup, which was hosted by Amsterdam Node, last Thursday, September 8th.
The event drew about 20 attendees. Among them were IOHK speakers (Manuel Chakravarty & Thomas Vellekoop) and Empowa project speakers (Glen Jordan & Greg Schneider)
The Empowa team gave a presentation outlining their roadmap and announced during the Meetup that they had just signed a deal with a contractor in Nigeria to also build houses in Nigeria. The team also took the time to explain about their partnership with World Mobile and how this would help bring connectivity to the homes they’re building.
The evening’s final segment was mostly focused on networking. Here, we witnessed interactions between various groups and the personnel from IOHK and Empowa. Even a representative from Kracken Exchange, who is enthusiastic about Cardano and the community, was in attendance.
In general, a well-organized Meetup! The presentations and Q&A sessions by the speakers were excellent. The networking part of the event was also highly appreciated.
Almost all attendees received a Tangem card, courtesy of the Community Team.
- 8-9 October 2022|CNFT Con in Las Vegas. More info
- 14-15 October 2022|Rare Bloom event at the Gaylord Rockies, Colorado. More info|
- 19-21 November 2022|Cardano Summit 2022. More info|
- 28-29 September 2022: Token 2049 After Party: Cardano Pool Party in Singapore!
EMURGO will host a special Cardano booth along with the Cardano Foundation at TOKEN2049 to highlight Cardano as the ideal blockchain platform for Web3 solutions and services.
Held in Singapore, TOKEN2049 is the distinguished flagship event of Asia Crypto Week, featuring a week of various side events, dinners, parties, and meetups from 26 September to 2 October 2022 all over Singapore. TOKEN2049 itself will be held on September 28-29, 2022 at the Marina Bay Sands.
- 10 August 2022 Open Moderator Call
- 10 August 2022 Open Translator Call
- 17 August 2022 Open Meetup Organizer Call
- 17 August 2022 Open Content Creator Call
- 18 August 2022 Monthly Ambassador Call
- 31 August 2022 Open Translator Call
- 31 August 2022 Open Moderator Call
- 7 September 2022 Open Content Creator Call
- 7 September 2022 Open Meetup Organizer Call
- 15 September 2022 Monthly Ambassador Call
Are you interested in attending CIP editor meetings? Join the Discord channel to learn more about this interesting community where ideas and recommended changes are all discussed.
Pool size and rewards
Pool gets rewarded for producing blocks. If you want to receive rewards in every epoch, you need to find a pool that has a large enough stake. Pools with a low stake will not get a chance to create a block in every epoch, so they will not get a reward.
It is not smart to delegate to a pool that is over-saturated. To prevent existence of big pools, there is a limit to the size of rewards a pool can earn per epoch. If the number of ADA coins in the pool exceeds what is considered the saturation point, the rewards for the pool operator and stakers begin to diminish.
The Cardano network is designed to reward stackers approximately 4.2% of ADA coins per year from staked ADA coins. Large pools will be more consistent in block production, so rewards will be more consistent. Smaller pools may have more variance in the amount of blocks produced, so rewards will also have variance. It may be the case that rewards are higher than average in one epoch but lower in other epochs. If the pool is lucky, the rewards may be higher in more successive epochs. It is important to note that the performance of the pool must be observed over a longer time and that the yield over longer time periods will be close to the average, i.e. 4.2%. source
The Developer Portal was created to foster a home for developers who are dedicated to building tools and services on Cardano. The platform allows developers to not only collaborate on projects but also to showcase their works.
The Developer Portal aspires to become a credible source where users can search for tools to fit their needs.
Community projects already running on mainnet are encouraged to add their projects to the Developer Portal.
- Voteaire allows everyone in the ecosystem to create a poll. All results are weighted. All proposals and votes are stored publicly on-chain.
- NuFi Wallet is a non-custodial, multi-chain wallet with in-app DEX.
- Dapps on Cardano provides insights in decentralized applications on Cardano. See total transactions, total scripts locked and script invocations.
- Book Token is an NFT marketplace for buying, reading, and selling eBooks and Audiobooks.
We value your feedback, and would love to learn how you experienced reading our Community Digest. Please take a few seconds to provide feedback.
Many thanks, and greetings from the Community Team!