Published by the Cardano community team every two weeks, this Digest will provide you with news, updates, and events about the project!
Recently IO published a blog outlining the papers that helped to establish a functional smart contract platform for the development of decentralized applications. In this blog, we learn about the EUTXO model, Plutus, Marlowe, and more.
Here’s an update on the progress towards the Vasil upgrade. We are almost there!
IOG engineering team recently confirmed that they are close to finalizing the core work - with just 7 bugs outstanding before they can complete the hard fork. The Team has also recently tagged, and released Cardano node version 1.35.0 which will be the final candidate for the mainnet Vasil release. Once 75+% of block-producing SPOs on the testnet have upgraded - IO will then submit the testnet update proposal, which will take one complete epoch to take effect. Read the full Article here + Source Tweet
By now you might have already heard the big announcement that CF has joined the Linux Foundation as a Gold member to enable mass innovation through open source. This opportunity will help to further anchor our commitment to open-source while also contributing to the positive advancement of blockchain as a world-changing technology. Read here the full announcement.
Every week IOG releases a high-level summary weekly development report.
In this week’s report, we read about the node, ledger, pipelining, DB Sync, Daedalus, Lace, and much more. View the full report here
Coti has recently released an update regarding the launch of DJED. In this update, the company confirm that once Vasil Hard fork is finished, along with the audit final results, they can then start to deploy Djed to the mainnet. Read the full update here.
Charles Hoskinson was invited to speak before the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Agriculture about Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies. The event took place on Thursday the 23rd of June 2022. Charles provided Congress with information about the utility of blockchain, and what a responsible regulation of the technology and industry could look like. There were lots of wonderful comments regarding Charles’ presentation and the answers he provided during the Q&A session.
YouTube source: short version only Charles:
Below are the most engaged topics on Reddit
- Jawad Ashraf, Founder & CEO of Virtua says Cardano has got one of the best communities in Crypto. Source (1:min 07secs)
- EMURGO’S CTO joins developer AMA panel at IOG’s Developer Workshop & Hackathon for Cardano 2022. See Reddit Thread here
- Here is an interview with Charles Hoskinson regarding Tribalism In Crypto. Must Watch:
- Cardano reached 1.200.000 delegators. We are growing! Post
- Cardano (ADA) is now supported by Ledger Live!!! Post
- Cardano’s Extended-UTXO explained Post
- Ambassador Stories, Journal #26: Cassandre Domeneghetti & Issa Ichikawa. Post
- The Cardano Foundation has joined the Linux Foundation as a Gold member. Post
- Read here the stories of our newest Ambassadors.
- How many Zombies are among us? Post
Dish is launching a decentralized identity and loyalty coin system through Atala PRISM and Cardano.
IOG recently released a blog post confirming that DISH Network Corporation has taken the first step towards the launch of a decentralized identification and loyalty coin system. This first step enables blockchain capabilities in DISH’s infrastructure through Atala PRISM’s identity services and Cardano’s native asset features. Read the full blog here.
- Here is a recent interview from Bending, with Frederik Gregaard who explains the advantages of blockchain technology in regards to Distribution, Lower Costs & Reconciliation.
“We’re showing companies that they can capture more profit, get more client stickiness, and serve the clients, better, or lower their costs.” -Gregaard Frederick
Read here the full interview.
- IOG releases a new paper on P2P. Definitely a good read!
- Cardano Developers Delay Vasil Upgrade, Citing Bugs (Coindesk)
- Cardano founder steals the show at Congressional hearing on crypto regulation (Cryptoslate)
29 June 2022 Decentralized Finance - DeFi on Cardano and other Layer 1 Blockchains. This MeetUp will be hosted on YouTube. For more information, please visit Meetup.com
29 June 2022 Cardano Blockchain - DC/MD/VA (Now Virtual!). Meetup.com
20 July 2022 Brisbane Cardano Meetup. Meetup.com
22 July 2022 Cardano South Florida Meetup. Meetup.com
8-9 October 2022 CNFT Con in Las Vegas . More info.
4 May 2022 Open Meetup Organiser Call
4 May 2022 Open Content Creator Call
18 May 2022 Open Moderator Call
18 May 2022 Open Translator Call
19 May 2022 Monthly Ambassador Call May
15 June 2022 Open Content Creator Call
29 June 2022 Open Moderator Call
06 July 2022 Open Meetup Organizer Call
16 June 2022 Monthly Ambassador Call June
- 29 June 2022 Ambassador Intro Call
- 21 July 2022 Ambassador Call July
[click on the image to view full infographic]
Ouroboros is the proof-of-stake consensus protocol for Cardano. Consensus is a way for a blockchain to agree between all its participants that a transaction is valid. Ouroboros is the first consensus protocol proven to be secure through academic peer review research. Peer review academic research provides a high degree of confidence into the establishing agreement among all participants.
Did you know that there are many flavours of Ouroboros? Here is a very informative infographic providing you with an overview.
The Developer Portal was created to foster a home for developers who are dedicated to building tools and services on Cardano. The platform allows developers, not only to collaborate on projects, but also to showcase their works.
The Developer Portal hopes to serve as a credible source where users can search for tools to fit their needs.
Below are several newly added projects:
- ADAdice a fully on-chain, provably fair game of dice on the Cardano blockchain.
- Typhon Wallet Light wallet from the creators of cardanoscan.io. It comes with features like NFT gallery, transaction metadata, and vote registration, among other features.
- Tokhun.io powerful yet easy to use NFT & FT Minting and Marketplace on Cardano.
- Nami was developed by Berry Pool. A browser-based wallet extension to also interact with Cardano from any website.
- NOWPayments is a payment gateway provider to accept ada payments and ada donations.
- Cardano Updates follow the development of Cardano in real-time without the hassle of GitHub.