Cardano Marketing

Charles and I talked today, the possibility of having CCL POC v1 (testnet) up earlier than expected could be on the table. We will have to see after the holidays. In the meantime, you can study ethereum’s model. Take notes on frictions and pain points and other areas in need of improvements for dapp development, and let us know about it.

4 Likes

Please consult with folks in the field of persuasion as part of your marketing plan in the future for large pushes.

The most effective form of persuasion is fear + a visual element (maybe not use this, or use it sparingly). The next most effective form is visual persuasion (more ethical).

Along with shorter videos, use visual anchors and “brain worms” (words, phrases, or ideas that can’t be ignored).

Hi. I am satisfied with the steady marketing being done at the moment. Agree with Justice0320 that we need the technology to back up what we want to communicate (maybe a simple but practical use case demo when possible). I also agree that aside from the technical presentations, we will need concise non-technical presentations, which may appeal to most.

I don’t agree with hollow corporate partnerships. It has to have impact to the project even if people do not realise it, like with ZYEN. Or maybe a different approach is needed to better communicate what these partnerships mean.

Thanks for this Jeremy.

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with what they’re doing now to be honest. There’s already lots of good stuff about the project and how legitimate it is.

Putting out blogs and videos on any new developments is all anyone could reasonably ask for.

2 Likes

Show us how it can handle crypto kitties like a champ lol.

8 Likes

I love the benchmark!

2 Likes

Show realtime transactions in live events. As a demo, you can buy a candy from a store or order a burger. Then display how long it took; how much the transaction fee cost and how much electricity it cost to verify that transaction.

You can also host a betting for a world championship match (e.g. boxing or MMA) or an auction for a high value item. These use-cases will demonstrate high volume plus the smart contracts with varying prices.

Please tell your project management and development team, I love how you didn’t rush to have “something” out just to say that you have a wallet. It is people’s money involved here and you treat it like a life or death situation through your rigorous testing. It says a lot about your professionalism. Can’t think of any other cryptos right now that I can trust the value of my money–even in the future. To those who understands the current problems with other cryptos, I think this is the only marketing you’ll ever need.

6 Likes

You will be surprised to learn, something along these lines is coming…

I was able to talk to our network guru yesterday, and he said it was taking 2 seconds for a block to propagate through the whole network. It takes a little less than a second to send a message around the world. So I think it is great news.

9 Likes

I did several small transactions with my Daedalus wallet and yes, the response times are excellent…unlike one other wallet I know that cannot be named. :wink: Cost to send/receive is even more impressive.

That’s true, but maybe abstract it a bit; coincide with major releases. As Shelley approaches in Q2, marketing ramps up and focuses on the deliverables. But, couple this with a consistent undertone of what sets Cardano apart: it’s team. You and Charles come from Ethereum and have direct experience in the industry while you also have high-quality university partnerships, and to top it off Philip Wadler and Elias Koutsoupias.

From everything I’ve seen thus far, you guys are miles ahead of the competition: high-assurance development in a functional language, peer-reviewed research, and, my favourite, provable code. But, I come from a technical background, so I get it, and your github is a good reflection of it.

People without a technical background have a tough time wrapping their heads around why these things are important, so maybe along with the high-quality team promotional material, some educational material that abstracts and simplifies some of these concepts in a high-level way (the whiteboard video Charles did was fantastic, but still way too technical for most people) so that non-technical people can understand them?

Regardless, you guys are going to be very successful because this project is amazing

7 Likes

What would really start my engines is this: College tours / hackathons

College tour:
In the Netherlands we have several episodes where a politician or any other high profile guest gets interviewed, but the majority of the questions come from the audience (primarily students and professors)
I think this really suits the academic angle of IOHK and might start a melting pot in which ideas will be discussed.

Hackathons: How to bring ADA to the next level?
You can set the goal / theme of the hackathon and set other requirements. This should provide extra input to the testnet/testing of new features or even provide new features.

This would require some arrangements and the consumption of precious time of the members but I think the rewards will outweigh the investment.

1 Like

YES, THIS!! Ethereum is being crushed by that silly game. If ADA can show its value proposition with benchmarking against a similar game type as crypto kitties, it would be significant. If IOHK can point me to qualified developers, I will personally pay out pocket to create a game similar for the community and for general marketing purposes.

Already ahead of you, we are looking into having crypto game proto type ready for the CCL testnet :smile: We will see.

9 Likes

@javaronin please name that other wallet :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is the biggest. I want to watch the videos but know I have set time aside to really focus and listen. I think those videos that have text overlays and quick ideas, thoughts are good as well. I would even suggest doing some remarketing video ads that are only there to provide small bite explainers. Set them to hit at staggered intervals. The remarketing would not be for people to take action but further reinforce the ideas on any website they are visiting.

PS, long time no chat Jeremy. Feels like old ethereum days with Cardano. :wink:

3 Likes

Yep, let attraction marketing do the job…

@CosmosX Ok (just so you won’t go through the trauma) IOTA. Love the idea on paper but if they mess up can’t even hard fork this one–and again, Code Is Law! I hope they iron out the issues because they are really trying to innovate.

Long time indeed! Thanks for stopping in.

@io_jeremy Im a professional game developer and programmer here in Tokyo if you guys need any help with making a game and use case for ADA would love to help.

4 Likes

Do you have any experience with Dapps?