Charles Hoskinson's Meditation Practice

And you’ve seen this for yourself?

Negus is not the first experienced meditator I’ve heard say this.

Yes, many people deny God’s existence. I am well aware of that.

Not just any people. Specifically people who have trained themselves to experience consciousness more clearly.

1 Like

Well where does “consciousness” come from? Where does anything come from into being and existence?

Haven’t had an experience that has completely removed doubt. You certainly begin to see for yourself while practicing. Insights arise but what we’re after is a permanent shift in viewing reality.

We simply don’t know. It can be likened to being shot by a poison arrow and only being concerned about who shot you.

1 Like

Would you say you don’t know you’re posting on this forum right now? I mean “don’t know”, is a position that seems to me absolves people from a whole lot of responsibility… in the face of direct evidence to the contrary… in many areas of life, if you know what I mean here…

1 Like

I could say I don’t know. I could also say is it important to know where matter and consciousness originates from? Would it bring about any kind of peace?

That information isn’t useful for developing understanding and wisdom. And instead stipulating about something that none of us have been direct witness to is problematic. An “I don’t know” is a perfectly suitable answer.

1 Like

God is what is looking through your eyes, my eyes. Your consciousness believes it is separate from God because all of those “I…” thoughts. “The word” is not getting you any closer to God, but is rather distracting from communion with It (God is not some sort of superhuman male). Until one sees past the illusion of thought one will not see the illusion of the ego (what you think you are).

God is in the stillness. If God is omni present, then what is it that prevents us from experiencing God here, now? It’s the distraction of thought and all that thought has produced (everything on the screen). Turning Awareness inward (the stillness underlying thoughts and sensations) is the only spiritual practice needed.

3 Likes

That’s very … zen! :slight_smile: