Daedalus Wallet updates

I thought there would be changes to the interface, stuff I could point towards and say hey, yeah that’s changed haha, but I guess it was more about the back end. Except for the bug thing. :laughing:

For me, it worked perfect…it installed and upon restart it synced right away…no issues:
Capture4

I am not being able to restore my wallet because it says “Wallet you are trying to restore already exists” after I write the 12 words password. How can I solve this:?
"

Delete it completely and then reload it with your phrase. Just make sure it isn’t loaded anywhere on the machine.

Updated wallet today, smooth, easy, faster now. Just make sure your pc time is correct.

What time zone do you need to set on your PC?

Your local time…just make sure the time is correct

Can anyone tell me how long the Daedalus Wallet update takes approximately? When I originally installed the wallet it took 7 hours to sync to the block chain.

1 Like

These are two different things you are talking about.

Both depend on your internet speed.

Downloading Daedalus (= downloading full blockchain) -> many hours
Downloading update (= some megabyte) -> for me 2 minutes with bad, bad, bad internet

2 Likes

I didn’t know if it had to re-sync or not, I also have terrible internet speed. Thanks for the reply @block-t.

No problem jack :slight_smile:
I think it depends, have you synched before? Because if so, I‘m quite sure you won‘t have to again.

But if you first do the update and then start it up, I am 99% confident you have to synch :slight_smile:

I have synced before, and usually every time I open it but it is not starting from 0.

I updated the wallet today and it was flawless, took under 2 minutes. Very easy and painless. Have not transferred any funds yet to be sure it is working properly.

That is because it only loads the blocks you have not downloaded yet.

I’m glad it worked without problems!

Greetings.

1 Like

New Linux Ubuntu Wallet is awesome!! My old windows 10 wallet was just locking up after the new update installed. Could not get into it. Tried everything; syncing clock, all the tips on the forums - just kept locking up. Now I Just installed Daedulus on ubuntu and used the “restore” option that pops up when you first install the wallet - entered passphrases and old wallet name from my old windows 10 wallet. It seemed to not be doing anything for about 15 minutes; then everything from my old wallet just showed up!. Didn’t have to use seed file or anything.
Awesome! Linux /ADA perfect partnership!
… now we just have to get a wallet that works on our android phones, a debit card, and an app to buy it directly with no broker site; and we can dump fiat forever : )

2 Likes

Hey @pepa65 Peter!

Just in case you missed this :slight_smile:

Yes! Installed this on Ubuntu MATE 16.04 and it all seems to work – except for the icon in the menu (not there, and not launching daedalus, but it runs fine when started from the commandline).

Now my next question is: what is the most economical way to acquire some ADA?!

You’ll need to trade ETH or BTC for ADA on an exchange (Binance, Bittrex, etc.). You can see the list of exchanges that are partnered with Cardano here:

And don’t forget to transfer your ADA to Daedalus after acquring.

Thanks Ken, but I’m already on Binance. I was just wondering in terms of commission, rates, etc. but I guess it also depends where one already might have an account. I’m also on HitBTC but my experience their hasn’t been so good…

1 Like

Basically, BInance is charging 0.1% of your total per trade. For example, if you are trading 1k USD worth of ETH to ADA. You will be charge 1 dollar worth of ETH for the trading fees. If you are using a referral code , you won’t be charging extra fees or earning anything but your referral will be earning 20% out of the 0.1 ( trading fees) which around 20 cents. Which i am planning to share back to the trader since Binance will be earning all of it. Just an advise, if you are using BInance coin (BNB), you will have 50% discount for the trading fee for 1st year, 25% discount for 2nd year, 12.5% for 3rd year and lastly 6.75% for the 4th year. 5th and following year will be 0% discount.

1 Like