Daedalus won't connect to servers

No surprise that you want to tell me that I need to do something rather than admit or even investigate the problem on your end.

This is my currently installed version:
image1.jpeg

This the version that is available for download today:

image2.jpeg

Looks the same to me. Again “ I won’t do anything locally until there is some positive indication of resolution”. You obviously have no intent of helping, you just want to be rid of our silly comments. If you really wanted to help, you would have emailed me what the current version is rather than just assume I don’t have it. I hope are a troll and not actually associated with Cardano. You are doing Cardano a horrible disservice.

from KMK iPhone

Well to the best of my knowledge there is no problem with the system, so good luck with not doing anything yourself. :smile:

2 Likes

@Adanotherada cant see your uploaded image but I think
there is a little upgrade from this
Daedalus%20Ver

to this
Daedalus%20Cur

2 Likes

我的钱包已经不能连接网络,一个月了。非常郁闷。反复安装系统,安装钱包,有没有解决。

您可以尝试不同的钱包,如Yoroi

您可以将Daedalus钱包收回Yoroi。

“I won’t do anything locally until there is some positive indication of resolution”
(Strike 2)

Please answere these questions:

1. What is the current version of Daedalus?
  2. What is the current MacOS build?
  3. When was the latest version of Daedalus available for download?

Thank you for your help.

What do you mean by “and we are still running version 0.11.1 of Cardano.”? I see your shot of the latest version is “0.11.1#1.3.2”. When I follow RJF’s link to the download page, it tells me it will download 0.11.1

Another question: wouldn’t be good if Daedalus provided a “Check for update” menu item?

Thank you for your help.

from KMK iPhone

(Strike three, last reply to RobJF)

If repost was intended to answer my questions, it didn’t answer any of them! Repost from when, 6 months ago?

No, four days ago, as you’d have seen if you’d looked. You seem much more interested in arguing than solving your problem. Good luck with that and goodbye.

1 Like

我没有使用过yoroi钱包,谢谢你的建议。

Robin Faichney cardano@discoursemail.com 于2018年11月22日周四 下午6:25写道:

不能连接网络,无法将ada从钱包发送到交易所储存,也没有办法转到其他钱包。

无需使用交换,Yoroi将直接在区块链上转移您的ADA。 获取Yoroi,创建钱包,使用12个单词短语从Daedalus恢复。 (我自己没有使用Yoroi,也无法提供更详细的信息。)

Edit:

好的,谢谢。我试试看。

Robin Faichney cardano@discoursemail.com 于2018年11月22日周四 下午8:40写道:

1 Like

在中文版的地方做了回复,供参考:

Thanks, I solved this problem by these steps:

1. uninstall the wallet.

2. delete all the files here in my Mac: /Users/(user name here)/Library/Application Support/Daedalus

How:

• Open a finder
  • shift+comand+G
  • go to: /Users/(user name here)/Library/Application Support/Daedalus

Slaughter all the files there, no mercy. Dies all the accounts and blockchain data.

1. reinstall the wallet.

I found the answers to my questions that I asked 20h ago:

1. What is the current version of Dadelus? 0.11.1#1.3.2.3485
    This number is “hidden” in plain sight on iOS title bar at the top of the Daedalus window. The number form is “DaedelusVer#CardonaSL.Macbuild”. Both the Daedalus “About” menu item and the download page http://daedeluswallet.io/#download show the version number as simply 0.11.1. However, if click on the “RELEASE NOTES” LINK “hidden” in fine print at the bottom of the download page you will find that what is updated most frequently is the Cardano SL. The release date is shown here as well.
  2. What is the current MACiOS build. 3485 See 1.
  3. When was the latest version of Daedelus available for download? 19th November 2018
    See https://daedeluswallet.io/release-notes

It would be nice if Daedelus had a “Check for Updates” menu item. This would be more obvious and MUCH faster than trying to sort through the topics and how to ask in a way pleasing to the trolls on the Cardano Forum. I thank Praest for his his guidence on this topic.

Beats me why you didn’t just do the update when advised, your problem would have been solved two days ago.

3 Likes

For a one click “Check for Updates” I put a link on my desktop to https://daedaluswallet.io/release-notes/ . It took some 15 minutes of exploring Cardano Forum for positive indications of resolution to the frequently asked question about “Daedelus won’t connect to servers”, studying closely the Daedelus Download page, and using critical thinking. Had I just “followed instructions” I would have not learned the whole Daedelus version string and would have remained dependent on the almighty “giver of instructions”. Some instruction givers are reluctant to release their power by answering the questions they are asked. Life’s lessons are learned through critical thinking. (Sorry about the philosophical rant on a technical forum.)

It seems you think what solved your problem in this case is the general answer to connection problems. It’s not. Sometimes updating does help but this problem is multi-factorial, and that inevitably causes confusion.

You don’t need to know about version strings, just do the update when one becomes available. If you make a mistake and install the same version you already have, that will do no harm whatsoever.

Nobody here wants confusion or deliberately obfuscates, I was quite sure of the answer in your case because of the timing and the “coincidence” of matching percentage synching across machines so that’s what I gave you, and though you haven’t actually said so, it looks like that (updating) fixed it for you. You’re welcome.

1 Like