Published by the Cardano Foundation Community Team every two weeks, this Digest will provide you with news, updates and events about the project and ecosystem!
If you are interested in receiving the Community Digest in the future directly via email, please sign-up here!
The Cardano Foundation supported Merchadise and Epoch Sports on the launch of 6000 limited edition commemorative lacrosse jerseys, all authenticated on the Cardano blockchain and distributed during the 2023 World Lacrosse Men’s Championship.
The blockchain-enabled solution sets new standards for customer experience and intellectual property protection. This innovative use case demonstrates the potential of blockchain technology to empower consumers and significantly enhance the value of leagues/teams/sponsorship value, while combating counterfeiting at a whole new level.
For the full press release, read here.
The “Let’s Talk Cardano” webinar on June 29th was a big hit! It showed how Cardano’s blockchain technology is making a real difference.
The event kicked off with Frederik Gregaard, the CEO of the Cardano Foundation, sharing the Foundation’s goals and achievements documented in their 2022 Annual Report. He also gave a sneak peek into what’s coming up at the Cardano Summit 2023.
In the second part, Bullish Dumpling led a discussion with several industry leaders on sustainability, equity, and social impact in the Cardano community.
They talked about ideas for sustainability, fairness, and social impact. It was inspiring to see the projects and ideas shared by industry leaders. They talked about using Cardano’s technology to help the environment, make a positive impact, and how Cardano is trailblazing new models of governance.
- Glen Jordan, CEO at Empowa (Connecting people to affordable climate-smart housing through digital technology)
- Greg Schneider, COO at Empowa (Connecting people to affordable climate-smart housing through digital technology)
- Cole Bartlett, Co-Founder of Sustainable ADA (Connecting the dots between Blockchain, Cardano, and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and action on the ground by showcasing case studies of positive progress and potentially valuable opportunities to be unlocked)
- Razali Samsudin, Co-Founder of Sustainable ADA (Connecting the dots between Blockchain, Cardano, and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and action on the ground by showcasing case studies of positive progress and potentially valuable opportunities to be unlocked)
- Alex Maaza, Outreach Development Officer at the Cardano Foundation
- Micky Watkins, CEO of World Mobile (Building Mobile Network Based on Blockchain Tech)
- Moderated by Bullish Dumpling
View the full episode here.
We’d like to bring to your attention a significant event - the Cardano Foundation’s collaborative initiative with the University of Zurich. This partnership marked a crucial step toward our ongoing commitment to promoting education and facilitating research in the field of blockchain technology. The full details of this collaboration can be revisited in the article here: A Commitment to Education: the Cardano Foundation strengthens ties with the University of Zurich.
One of the pivotal outcomes of this strengthened alliance is a research paper titled “Heuristic-Based Address Clustering in Cardano Blockchain.” The paper offers a deep dive into how address clustering - associating multiple addresses to the same entity - can be achieved on our blockchain, considering Cardano’s inherent privacy measures.
We invite all of you to join the discussion, share your thoughts, and learn more about the underlying technology that drives Cardano. Read the full research paper here.
Developer Spotlight: Mandala Metaverse
The Cardano Foundation assumes responsibility for four Cardano repositories.
RICK’S Summary of July IOG spo call
Aada lending protocol rebrands to Lenfi
Cardano’s TVL outperforms other SC platforms
Mel McCann, Vice President of Engineering at the Foundation, and Jeremy Firster, Global Director of Enterprise Partnerships at the Foundation, speak at the World Token Summit 2023 in Dubai. McCann delivers a keynote entitled “Upgrading the legacy systems of the world”, and Firster participates in the panel “The economics of tokenization: between reality and optimal strategy”.
Pretty straight forward site about the economics of ada, the native currency of the Cardano blockchain.
Notes from the last parameter committee meeting are posted:
Frederik Gregaard, CEO of the Foundation, participates in the Point Zero Forum panel “Cryptoassets and Climate Change: Understanding the Carbon Footprint and Opportunities to Dampen It”.
Clay Nation, one of the major NFT projects on Cardano, partners with hardware wallet company Ledger and introduces their own custom Nano X.
Below are the most engaging topics on Reddit
- What is everyone’s negative and positive thoughts on the current state of Cardano?
- IOG launches Marlowe toolkit to allow anyone to build blockchain apps on Cardano - CityAM
- The Cardano ecosystem desperately needs a USD-backed stablecoin (article)
- Good to be Back - Charles Hoskinson YouTube
- ADABounties is Live! Get the project help you need, now.
- The registration process for voting on Fund 10 of Project Catalyst is open!
- Cardano TVL growth compared
- Hi, where can i buy cardano with low fee?
- Cardano & Crypto Dreams
- Do you want to create & deliver the official #CardanoSummit2023 NFTS? This year’s theme is Blockchain for Social Impact. We’re looking for proposals that show the use of #blockchain to make the world a better place. Submit your proposal bit.ly/420WITT - Cardano Foundation Twitter
Topics that have received the most clicks from external sources. (last 10 Days)
Other meetups around the world:
- 9 June 2023|Empowering the Cardano Community in Africa: A Summary of the 9th June Catalyst Africa Town Hall. More Info
- 18 June 2023|Ghana: Cardano Campus Meetup Edition 4. More Info
- 23 June 2023|Empowering the Cardano Community in Africa: A Summary of the 23rd June Catalyst Africa Town Hall. More Info
- 24 June 2023|[RECAP] Casual Cardano Community Meet-Up in Berlin [24.06.23] More Info|
- 28 June 2023|MENA Virtual Workshop CIP1694 - June 2023. More Info
- 28 June 2023|Pacific Town Hall - June 14 and June 28, 2023 More Info
- 7 June 2023 Open Content Creator Call
- 15 June 2023 Monthly Ambassador Call
- 21 June 2023 Open Moderator Call
- 26 June 2023 Open Translator Call
- 28 June 2023 Open Content Creator Call
- 30 June 2023 Open Meetup Organizer Call
Are you interested in attending CIP editor meetings? Join the Discord channel to learn more about this interesting community where ideas and recommended changes are all discussed.
What happened in CIPs last week? (by @RyanW)
- CIP-0060 | Fix relative links
- Looks good.
- Merged in meeting.
- CIP-??? | Integration of keccak256 into Plutus
- Plutus team present to discuss.
- Missing justification that the costing model is linear in the size of the input, once provided it looks good to merge.
- Can assign a number.
- CIP-0381 | Adapt to Plutus bindings
- Author present to discuss.
- Plutus representatives present to discuss.
- Probably good to merge, pending final last check from Plutus team.
- CIP-0097? | Representing the Script Context as a SOP term
- Mark as “waiting for author”.
- Plutus team not sure about the best way to proceed and not even sure about pushing that solution specifically.
- CIP-0095? | Cardano dApp-Wallet Web Bridge Governance Extension
- Will review again after the IOG hackathon in July.
- Author (me) present to discuss.
- CIP-0067 | add ADA Handles Virtual SubHandle
- Still waiting on further discussions.
- Can assign waiting for author.
- CIP-0093? | Authenticated Web3 HTTP requests
- Author present to discuss
- Discussion around:
- whether CIP8 COSE headers should be used instead
- whether CBOR could be used instead of JSON
- CIP-0086 | Remove metadata update transaction restrictions
- Merged in meeting after quick report of unanimity on this change by all working on cip86.
- CIP Editors Meeting #70:
Weekly CIP updates can be followed here.
Below you will discover a selection of Catalyst proposals originating from various community members, which have piqued our interest. Please note that by featuring these proposals in our Community Digest, we are not expressing explicit support for any single proposal. We strongly encourage each voter to conduct their own due diligence before making any voting decisions.
Proposal #1: Cardano Middle East & North Africa by Rami Hanania, Cardano Ambassador
The project promotes Cardano adoption in the MENA region through an open-source YouTube channel and Twitter page. It targets English and Arabic speakers with informative content and news updates. Success will be measured by increased awareness, adoption, channel growth, and community feedback. The project’s focus on MENA benefits the region and Cardano. Success metrics include viewership, content availability, and engagement. Capability of doing the Project stems from being an official Cardano Ambassador, using advanced equipment, having video editing skills, voice acting experience, and long-term involvement in the space. Feasibility will be validated through metrics and user feedback. Milestones include progress monitoring over six months. Outcomes aim for increased engagement, reach, and user satisfaction. Read More
Proposal #2: Exchange App from Ada to USD via Mobile Money in Africa by uptodatedevelopers, Cardano Ambassador
A user-friendly web and mobile App that enables seamless exchange of ADA to USD in Africa through Mobile Money. Read More
Proposal #3: Ambassador Campus Meetup Tours by Jeremiah Baani, Cardano Ambassador
I believe that Education is key to the adoption and use of a product or service. This is what derives my motivation as a Cardano ambassador to put up this proposal to be able to reach out to more of the youth in Ghana to educate and empower them on the potentials of Cardano blockchain and the meaningful ways they can participate. I understand that many students in Africa are unfamiliar with the potential advantages that Cardano can offer, such as educational resources, networking opportunities, and exposure to innovative blockchain projects like project catalyst among others. This limited awareness hinders their ability to leverage the power of Cardano for their personal and professional growth. For this reason, I seek your support to help bring my project to reality. Read More
Proposal #4: CardanoPress: The Missing Documentation by Peter Bui, Cardano Ambassador
Many new CardanoPress users struggle with installation and getting started. However, with comprehensive documentation, users can easily build websites, such as for stake pool operators or NFT gated content sites. Addressing user support needs and providing step-by-step guidance, the documentation enables smooth onboarding and empowers artists and small projects without technical expertise. Success will be seen through increased adoption, growing user base, and reduced support requests. Help us revolutionize website development on Cardano and foster a vibrant community. Read More
The Developer Portal was created to foster a home for developers who are dedicated to building tools and services on Cardano. The platform allows developers to not only collaborate on projects but also to showcase their works.
The Developer Portal aspires to become a credible source where users can search for tools to fit their needs.
Community projects already running on mainnet are encouraged to add their projects to the Developer Portal.
- Hydra: Hydra is the layer-two scalability solution for Cardano, which aims to increase the speed of transactions (low latency, high throughput) and minimize transaction cost.
- NFTCDN: Display all Cardano NFTs effortlessly & efficiently on your website/app using the low-code & high-speed NFTCDN service.
- Atlas: A simple CNFT mint-and-vend machine Python library that leverages cardano-cli and Blockfrost.
We value your feedback, and would love to learn how you experienced reading our Community Digest. Please take a few seconds to provide feedback:
Many thanks, and greetings from the Community Team!