I lost my wallet

What I said in the other thread, I described in detail how to enter it and you replied saying that’s what you did.

In future please don’t start multiple topics on same issue, this is a good example of why that’s a bad idea.

Some of the people here have a great deal of experience in supporting Daedalus users and I don’t believe anyone has ever seen a correct recovery phrase rejected unless incorrectly entered. But we often have people insisting they used the correct phrase, correctly entered, only to later find something was wrong with the phrase or the entry method.

I say because I ask the support team several time for months and I did not get any decent answer.
I entered the 12 phrases correctly as I said I recover my wallet before. It seems that you assume me stupid that could not enter some phrases.

Hey maybe, just check the spelling letter by letter.

Don’t know you, have no idea whether you’re stupid or not, but what you’re describing has never been seen before, so we naturally consider you might be getting something wrong. Remember we’re all volunteers, we try to help people because we believe in the Cardano project, we can stop trying to help you at any time without consequence to us.

2 Likes

I could find my real wallet address I get it from a person who had sent me ADA, my address incredibly had changed.
my real wallet address:
DdzFFzCqrhsnqj3EF6pTGjzEP1cKyf2fuQEYpcnQL3q3huzuh1xw3a478yj1mF7FxWvAAMfUxyqDb3eWKNBiM5NUrWFH9W5cteUhjr2Q

Nothing incredible, it’s just confirms exactly what we were suspecting all that time in this thread - you enter wrong passphrase and open random empty wallet instead of your actual wallet.

1 Like

No I am sure that my 12 recovery phrase is correct. Is it possible because of changing computer or changing universal time or somethings … ?

Nope. The only technically possible way way to get this result is to enter different passphrase. Compare your words with this list, maybe you have written down some of them wrong that just look kinda similar (like air vs aim, etc.) - https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0039/english.txt

Sire, I have a photo of my recovery phrase I did not write down. I am 100% sure that my recovery phrase is correct. something else might be happened. something technical in blockchain, could you ask experts if there are cardano team.

Somethings you could not see does not mean that does not exist. If you can help me with this problem I would be glad if not please do not answer. sometimes be quit is much more helpful.
And believing in Cardano is not enough, there should be experts with blockchain experience.

Did you send coins to the wallet before of after recovering it for the first time?

I just have one transaction, I have received 2000 coins before I recovered. Actually, when I created my wallet I bought some coins.

Hi RobJF,

Go easy if I come across as completely ignorant. It’s late, I’m a bit stressed, I’ve never used this forum / platform before, and I can’t access my Cardano holdings. My (old) Deadelus wallet is Syncing blocks, and stuck at 46%. In searching for answers, I ended up here. i’m trying to reach out to you, because your comments in this ‘Lost Wallet’ thread sound reasoned and informed. Hoping you can assist. Cheers

Maybe start with downloading the latest Deadalus wallet?

If it does not sync with the new wallet, try to restore the wallet with your 12 words.

Hi @syd-cypher

a good point to start with technical problems is also the IOHK Zendesk there are a lot of useful articles. This one could help you: https://iohk.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011536933

Solution: https://iohk.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009484874

I agree with @Micro86 that the first thing is definately to download and install the latest version from https://daedaluswallet.io/#download. Make sure Daedalus is not running before the installation, best to restart the machine. If probs continue come back here and/or checkout @Chris28’s links. With the 12 word seed phrase you will always be able to switch to Yoroi regardless of what Daedalus is or is not doing.

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like there’s nothing to worry about, as long as I have the 12 word key phrase - which I do. I’ll work through the process in the next 24hrs and post any comments that might be useful to somebody else experiencing the same issue.

1 Like

Hi,

Following on from thread above - 48 hrs later - about to instal new wallet / locate ADA holdings. Just want to check; there are 3 options: A. Create new wallet. B. Restore wallet from backup. C. Import wallet from a key. If I’m using my 12 word key phrase, is C the correct option?

Hi Syd,
I’d say option B would be the way to go.
Dave

Words matter, avoid confusion: if you’re using the seed phrase, we call that restoration. Though from backup would usually be “restore” too, impossible to avoid all ambiguity! You definitely do not want to do A. I would say in this case restoration from seed phrase is the way to go, there’s little or no advantage to using backup and more ways for the process to go wrong. Let us know how you get on.

1 Like