We would like to introduce our pool ANEW, as “Africa: Non-Discrimination, Education and Women Empowerment”. Our motto is “Wealth derived from digital Assets given back to Local Communities”
We have two main goals:
- Support the Cardano network’s decentralisation (and Issa, who co-runs the project is extremely focused on security, reliability and reliance so we have very high standards!)
- Support Sustainable Development Goals in Africa (focusing in particular in Non-Discrimination, Education and Women Empowerment)
Here is our website: https://www.anew.sadaka.io
Why should we empower women and achieve gender equality ?
A number of studies have shown that sustainable development is impossible without women’s empowerment and gender equality.
(Source: The role of empowering women and achieving gender equality to the sustainable development of Ethiopia - ScienceDirect and Womens Empowerment - Facts, Stories and How To Help | World Vision Australia)
We re-invest 60% of our profits to local communities.
How do we do it?
- We donate 40% of our profits to charities and non-for-profit organisations
- We commit another 20% of our profits to micro loans through Kiva
Now the technical archictecture:
- Our cardano nodes run on the cloud
- 2 cardano relay nodes for high availability
- 1 cardano producer node
- 1 monitoring node : Prometheus, grafana, alertmanager
Strategically, we are going to set a proxy up to easily re-route traffic thus avoiding downtime and allowing seamless upgrades.
A bit more about us:
We each bring a different set of skills.
Issa is our tech wizard! Born in Africa, he grew up in Niger up to age 10 before moving to France where he qualified as an IT engineer. He then built years of professional experience in IT and passed multiple IT certifications (Redhat RHCE, AWS DevOps professional to cite a few…). He ended up moving to Australia to keep on challenging himself. This being said, he always wanted to give back to the people he left behind in Africa. This pool is his way.
Seb is our business manager. Also a French native but who has spent half of his life in Australia. With many years of working in the corporate sector as a business leader, Seb brings governance and structure to our venture so that it can sustainably make a difference to the development goals we are committed to.
Finally, here are the details of the pool itself:
- Ticker: ANEW
- Pledge: 30k ADA
- Fixed fee: 340 ADA (minimum, deducted from total rewards across all delegators)
- Fee: 1.5%
- Pool ID d7dc0487d80b04e9eb77e3d128debded2da917647df35da25267689f
ANEW pool’s status is available in PoolTool. As you can see below, the green demonstrates that our pool is up and running.
We are also proud to announce we have been able to mint our first block
Again here is our website: https://www.anew.sadaka.io
If you want to be part of our project please support us by staking!
We truly appreciate your trust
Be a supporter of women empowerment and make our society a better place.
Sebastien and Issa
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org