Pls Help: I was restoring my Yoroi wallet and it keeps bringing up a wrong wallet (wrong address) with 0 ada

Hi Saul, my name is Gavin and I have read your post regarding wrong ada balance and I have and exactly the same problem. My Account has a zero balance and it should be nearly 8000.

Check one address from the wallet on cardanoscan.io
If u see 0 balance thenu used a wrong seed words

So I’ve had issues with my one of my Yoroi wallets ever since the upgrade. I posted about how its not synching and actually keeps crashing then gets stuck on the load screen. I’m still having the same issue but I’ve moved most of ada out of that wallet onto a ledger. To check if your yoroi wallet is synching I would suggest when you open your yoroi wallet (if it loads) to click the drop down triangle near the upper right and look in the lower right corner of the box that pops up to see when the last synch was. If it says never synched then it might be a technical issue with the wallet synching with the blockchain which I believe the team is working on. Although I knew my funds were safe I used the adalite.io wallet to move most of those funds. I did leave some ada in that wallet and I did not claim the staking rewards yet. I would suggest using the adalite.io wallet and try both the 15 and 24 word seed phrases you have to restore your wallet. That’s what I did and then I moved most of my funds onto a ledger simply because once you use your seed phrase connected to the internet you can never be to sure how secure it is anymore. Now I’m able to load my wallet on both adalite and yoroi extension using ledger and both are stable so far.

No luck either. It gives another wallet address with 0 ada and 0 transactions.

Does this mean its gone forever? =(
is there any other way to get it back?
i had second thoughts about staking in yoroi and only did so recently like 3-4 mos ago. Now its looking to be a dumb move.

1 Like

Hey Gavin, sorry to hear you’re having the same problem. Ive actually raised a ticket with IOHK. From my reading, will mention it when they respond. Perhaps better as well if you raise a similar ticket so the devs can see there is pattern? I think your the third one now experiencing the exact issue.

It was a simple wallet or a hardware wallet?
Also it was a daedalus wallet imported wallet in yoroi, or just an yoroi simple wallet from the begining?

It was a simple wallet

So, did u tried both seed words on adalite.io? I understood u have 2 (15 & 24)

Yes, the 15word phrase would take me to the same newly created wallet with 0 ada.
While the 24 word phrase would just be an invalid phrase.

i also tried to re-arrange the last two words of the 15 word phrase just out of curiosity and the result was also an invalid phrase error. Changing the spelling of one of the words also results in an invalid seed phrase error…

this reinforces my belief that i have the right phrase all along , because if i had the wrong one, then it should just make an invalid seed phrase error as well. And the issue happened somewhere when the last update happened.

Ok, and when u restore the wallet… it’s saying shelley or byron wallet? Can u share the address from binance? (The address were the ADA were sent)

Shelly.
This is the correct address (which i used to send from Binance)

addr1qyeewnw83kwx5qmwf46zr3jedlq4knrpwlkspzdeemey3mgmtqj4e62v8mx40rcy8gwdlu2m7gmde3m0s2ed5deduwmq4n3vls

Thank you, as I said u are restoring a wrong wallet, perhaps:

• u created more wallets but u bkp-ed the seed words for empty wallet
  • u have a trezor/ledger wallet?
  • u had a dedalus wallet and u will need the 24 seed words… did u ever had a daedalus wallet?

Try to:

• search for another 15 seed words (u must have it some where; perhaps on papers, a picture, etc)
  • try to check the 24 seed words (each word and see if all are correct… you can check each word here
  • perhaps u mixed somehow the order of the words…
1 Like

i have a ledger wallet but i dont have any ada there.
i never had a dedalus wallet

what i remember doing was creating a byron wallet (24 phrase), then realizing that i needed a shelly wallet instead. So i created that one and used it.

I have all my seed phrases in the same storage. and yes the words ive also checked them. If i change any of the order of the words, an “invalid seed phrase” error appears.

But… if the ADA are on ledger? Did u checked?

PS 24 seed words it’s not for byron…

no its not on ledger. I checked too.

Did u installed cardano app on ledger, but on ledger did u checked the passphrase (perhaps it is activated by default and now it’s showing another wallet … the original one can be hidden)

Hi Guys, just to let you know these are the 2 addresses I sent my ADA to

addr1q9m4ll7js482j6gxgwpszuqe7rhhmtqcjrapylgv48qvlckklp0p86rwsak8v2uxn59xj6e806j9rktzdus907dvszwqvtxfa9

addr1q9x302mnf5x8vg6khlde7w2kpzjrer0hn8ksxndyueg684xklp0p86rwsak8v2uxn59xj6e806j9rktzdus907dvszwqvm5v2r

both different from the address attached to my Yoroi Wallet. When I look on caradnoscan I can see the total of my ADA that was in my wallet.

Our experiences are very similar and I think there must be more like this.

I raised a ticket (#141539) on EMURGO and they changed the status to sloved after providing the below response-

But you can only access the funds by restoring the correct wallet from the correct recovery phrase.

This request is closed for comments. You can create a follow-up.

Requester

gavin ritchie

Created

September 02, 2021 16:25

Last activity

September 20, 2021 20:01

Assigned to

Vita (Emurgo)

Id

Status

solved

Product

Yoroi

If you had control of your funds before the upgrade to Alonzo and before the upgrade you could check your wallet with the ability to send and receive ada, if those are the two address you used to send your funds into your yoroi wallet then your funds look like they are still there. Cardano generates lots of new random address that you could send use and if you don’t see those specific two addresses right now in your yoroi wallet but your sure you sent your funds to those addresses then I wouldn’t panic yet. If you have your seed phrase I would suggest removing yoroi totally then reinstalling it and restore your wallet with your seed or head over to adalite.io and restore it there with your seed phrase. If you do get control of your wallet I suggest transferring your most of your funds to a wallet secured by a ledger or trezor.

today when I tried to access my wallet on yoroi I experienced the same issue

did u restored the wallet today? Or u are talking about a sync issue?