Raise your question - Megathread

@adatainment

Alright thanks.

hops back on the waiting wagon

Hi @Andy_Hendrikx,

I started my Cardano journey last month, after doing a couple of researches, I found that Charles’ vision is pretty much similar with what I have imagined.

I am from the Philippines, I work as a cybersecurity engineer. I am an active volunteer of Internet Safety for Kids and Families in which we go to rural places, schools to educate kids how to safeguard themselves against online threats.

In this regard, I vision myself to do same thing with Cardano and its technologies. I believe that one key part for a great investment is to educate the younger generations.

I want to be part of this ecosystem, and become an active contributor. I wanted to share my energy, please let me know how I can help.

Regards,
Rizal

Hi Rizal!

In that case the best place to start would be the Ambassador Program. Feel free to get familiar with it.

1 Like

Thank you.

Hi @Andy_Hendrikx, how can I request for the materials, like PPT? Can we make it on our own?

Hi Riza,

In that case you can make your own with these images: https://cardano.org/brand-assets/

(On a side note: Please think about potential other and follow up questions and summarize them so we can answer them all at once for efficiency)

2 posts were split to a new topic: How to pull data from the Cardano blockchain?

Great questions. Wondering the same. Was this ever answered?

Learning about the Ouroboros protocol and have a few questions:

1. Sounds like for every slot in the current epoch, the VRF will always have the same inputs? Is it correct to assume that each time a stakeholder runs the function it will generate a different (random) output? Otherwise I’d imagine the same stakeholder will be pick over and over.

2. If that’s the case, does that mean a more well funded stake pool will still consistently be picked more often than less funded ones? Are there mechanisms in the randomness that promotes picking different stakeholders e.g. if picked to be a slot leader, cannot be picked again for however long etc.

Im having a hard time getting started with Cardano-Rust, the one on Github is Byron, which is outdated.
Where do I begin with up-to-date Cardano-Rust development?
Thank you.

If Ethereum uses web3js so the smart contract can connect to web applications, what’s the equivalent in Cardano?

Is the IOHK team focusing on the centralization problem i.e entities sidestepping saturation by spinning up new pools? Pledge is meant to be a solution but actually exacerbates the situation, with pledge becoming a barrier to entry to new SPOs.

As a South African, good luck to someone in the local Townships (ghettos) trying to become a SPO at USD1 per ADA. The current setup is already leading to centralization, and centralization in “rich” countries - not exactly in line with Cardano’s mission to ‘push power to the edges’. I’m also concerned that developing world Governments may be reluctant to rely on a system where mainly ‘foreign’ entities are likely issuing, and responsible for the currency being used. Perceived foreign interference in local affairs is a big deal.

I’m not an expert by any means, but perhaps individual pool operators could be programmatically limited to just three or four pools? The general counterargument is that the pool operators would just anonymously spin up another pool. However, SPO digital IDs via Atala Prism plus local node biometric scanning, stored on the blockchain might be a potential solution. As a value add, it could be the thin edge of the wedge/controlled test case, for digital IDs in general to be stored on the Cardano blockchain. As you well know, basic ID documentation and KYC in Africa is a huge problem, especially in terms of serving the unbanked.

At the moment being a SPO, unfortunately comes down to marketing and wealth, not technical capability to support the system.

1 Like

If I’m interested to run a node do I need a certain skillset in programming? Do you have any recommendations?

1 Like

Why is there no website with a graphical interface from which our Cardano tokens are produced? Because many of us have nothing to do with programming and want to produce our own codes. Also, there are a lot of fake websites that deceive a lot of people. We can prevent this by announcing the official Cardano token production website. When does that happen?

Thank you for the information

Hello everyone, I have some questions regarding writing smart contracts on Cardano. I have some adept experience with Python and Javascript but am currently reading up on Flutus Platform. Should I start with Javascript or learn Flutus first?

I have Asperger’s Syndrome and I have some difficulty socializing as I process almost everything about the world in literal. That being said I know I should seek help with answer as I am going to be seeking non-paid and paid internships of some type in the fall. My wife and I have planned out our finances for this. I was in Systems Engineering and Administration for many years but I am no longer driven by that type of work.
I apologize for the lengthy posts, I have trouble with the concept of wrapping it up.

Hi everyone, my name is Claudio, I’m new to crypto, as I understand more about it I decided to create something on the Cardano platform.
Does anyone know if there is a away for me to present my project and in order to get some help?
Please let me know at your earliest convenience
Kind regards

Claudio Teixeira
claudio.teix@cbstgroup.com

Can I send ADAX to my Yoroi wallet, I read very mixed signals, and want to be sure before withdrawing from Exmarket, that I will not loose them.

Thanks
Jonathan

Thanks for sharing the information. I am here to share my thoughts regarding educational assistance and stress management for students. In order to get proper guidance and managing anxiety during exam, students can take help from several education institution like EduHelpHub that will have better positive result on academics and also in their mental health.

I started playing with Cardano and doing transactions in the testnet a few days ago, today I was having a doubt: what is the correct way to charge for a service? For example if you agree to take a 1% of every transaction on your platform, how would the user pay that? Would you have to calculate and send that 1% to a third wallet just like a normal transaction?