Restoring Yoroi Wallet with Ledger Recovery Phrase

Hi Alex,

I restore my Ledger Nano X follow step by step, and I perform on Ledger, not on the website. By choose 24 words.

I have the address to scan for my ADA. From the web scan, my ADA transfer one times only, so They are still in my Ledger.

addr1q8363cn3avpja2r45522ugx468790a8ww6kmv6kgzyurf0eru5wspzw83emdfvuc5jkqjkqqwzw77w80znwfljcp3adskzqe9v

Thank you very much for your help!

Tung Vu

did u had another ledger device before or do u have more seed words for the ledger?

Hi Alex,

I have 3 sheets of the recovery phase, but the third time before I send my ADA, so the third recovery phase is use for, I want to discover something, so I tried to wrong 3 times,and then the Ledger auto reset. I have 2 Ledger but I can not wrong because they have different passwords, I check two and both of them don;t have ADA. Believe me that I have never fail to know what Ledger has ADA.

Thank you for helping me!

Tung Vu

U must find the correct wallet where the ada are stored, are u sure ada were stored on ledger?

Yes I sure!

Then try to restore the 2nd ledger with all seed words that u have , one by one, and try on adalite.io to see if the funds are there

Hi Tung_Vu,

Have you found a solution? I had run into the same problem.

Armin

Not yet! If you know how to find them, please let me know! Thank you!

Ok, I have contacted both Ledger and Yoroi, waiting for answering, if there will be an answer at all. Unclear who is responsible for this mess. I was angry, too, but still have my Original Balance shown (server error), but can‘t restore at any combination. Do you had also a message „there are rewards That have to be booked before sending whole amount“ or similar without delegating any coins?

Tung,

When you create the Yoroi Wallet with your ledger, make sure you choose Shelley-Ledger wallet. Looks like you were recovering with Bryon wallet. The reason you don’t see your ADA is these two wallets use different derivative path.
Don’t worry, your ada is safe, just need to be patient and careful when you restore.
Hope this helps,

Vivian

Hi Vivian
If you said so?

How can I restore to see my ADA now?

Thanks

I have the same problem. When restoring the wallet e.g. via Brave and ledger (first square-button “connecting with hardware”) I have chosen “shelley-era-wallet”. Then I was asked two-times to share public-key, first account #1, 2nd byron-account#1, there is no option to change this to shelley or to cancel 2nd sharing. Is this the usual procedure to restore a wallet or is it a hint something was gone wrong in creating-process of original wallet? Wallet- key of restored wallet is different from balance-showing wallet in Chrome/Yoroi and balance is 0 of restored one in Brave, as via adalite.io, too.

@Alexd1985 by the way, in my case it makes no difference, whether ledgerlive is running or not. I don’t understand why it have to, because there is no integration of cardano in ledgerlive, but only the cardano-app.

1. In brave extension Yoroi → add a new wallet
  2. connect to hardware wallet
  3. Cardano
  4. ledger hardware wallet
    5*) choose era-> Shelley era wallet
  5. at this point, you should connect your ledger to your PC with usb, and make sure it is unlocked and cardano application is ready, on the ledger it should say “waiting for commands”
  6. click connect on yoroi, and ledger shows "Export public key m/1852’/1815’/0’ ", confirm on your ledger
  7. yoroi would ask you to connect to your ledger, and the ledger shows “waiting for commands”
  8. click connect on yoroi, and ledger shows "Export public key m/44’/1815’/0’ ", confirm on your ledger
  9. now yoroi should have your wallet recovered and show ADA balance

step 5 is where you need to pay attention to.

hope this helps!

Vivian

I noticed the two connection as well (seems not needed a couple of days ago), not sure why this is required, but as long as before this connection step, choosing the right era wallet would eventually recover the shelley-era-wallet for me. I’ll do some research about this derivation path, and let you know if I find anything.

Vivian

Continuing the discussion from Restoring Yoroi Wallet with Ledger Recovery Phrase:

@ceravivi

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I’m having trouble staking with my firefox extension. I followed it in detail, when I tried this in the chrome extension I created a new separate ledger wallet. Any ideas why that would happen or what I’m doing incorrectly? Thanks!

Hi Vivian,

I did follow your steps, but I didn’t see anything.

One thing I found is in step 8 from my Ledger device: “Export public key Byron account #1 m/44’/1815’/0’”
I chose Shelly-era wallet, but this message is more about Byron??

Could you help me?

Thank you very much!

Tung Vu

this is what Ledger told me:

Cardano App is on Ledger agreed, but the Cardano app is developed and supported by the Cardano community. So I suggest your contact the community directly as they will be able to provide the correct solution to your issue.

and now?

Hi all,

I have recently lost my phone which had my Yoroi wallet on it. Unfortunately I don’t have the recovery phrase for the Yoroi wallet itself (I don’t recall seeing this phrase when I set it up).

My ADA is stored on my Ledger Nano X wallet. Is it possible to restore my Yoroi wallet and retrieve my ADA using only my Ledger device? Without having to enter in a recovery phrase for the Yoroi wallet?

Simply connect your ledger with your phone and add a new wallet on Yoroi with your Ledger :slight_smile:

Is it so simple? You don’t need recovery phrases? I don’t remember any phrases from making a yoroi wallet either, and now I cannot send ada to binance from yoroi. But you don’t need the seed phrase from ledger?