Transfer ADA Balance from Stake Pool to an external wallet

Hello Community,
I recently started a Cardano Stake Pool from my local machine - but I do not have time to maintain it. I would like to close the stake pool and transfer the ADA Balance to my external wallet. I used this blog to build the stake pool (Guide: How to build a Cardano Stake Pool - CoinCashew).
Also found the section above, to make transactions but confused on how would I make a transaction to an external wallet using the cardano-cli. Please can I have some help regarding this issue.

Thanks!
Cheers,
H.

Hi,

First u will need to sync the producer, then send a retirement certification to receive back (as rewards) 500 ADA (after 1 epoch), then withdraw the rewards and send the funds to another wallet

U have the steps on coincashew guide

19 retire the pool
18.11 claim your rewards
18.9 send a simple transaction

cheers,

1 Like

Is it possible to sync the Producer Node from an older Carano-Node version (1.27.0)?

nope, u must upgrade it to 1.32.1 or 1.33.0 (last one it’s using less resources)

I get this warning, on getting cabal to configure cabal configure -O0 -w ghc-8.10.7

Warning: Requested index-state2021-12-07T00:00:00Z is newer than
'hackage.haskell.org'! Falling back to older state (2021-12-06T23:34:30Z).
Resolving dependencies...

Any tips on seeing the logs behind this or does it take very long to complete resolution?

For me it took more time … how many minutes passed? Check the CPU with top… it looks like its doing something?

EDIT: The dependencies resolved after several hours.

Is there a way to connect the producer node, to a dummy live relay node that’s available from cardano instead of re-sync the relay node

Yes, use any relay u want… even IOHK nodes… u don’t need your relay

Replace ur topology nodes with

{
  "Producers": [
    {
      "addr": "relays-new.cardano-mainnet.iohk.io",
      "port": 3001,
      "valency": 2
    }
  ]
}

save the file and restart the node

Thanks Alex!
I am waiting for the Producer node to sync. But when trying to submit transactions, I get the error
cardano-cli: Network.Socket.connect: <socket: 11>: does not exist (No such file or directory)

Unable to start gLiveView.sh because of less space, but the systemlogs show
Jan 30 15:57:24 ip-172-31-31-152 cardano-node[2541863]: [ip-172-3:cardano.node.ChainDB:Error:5] [2022-01-30 15:57:24.74 UTC] Invalid snapshot DiskSnapshot {dsNumber = 44112523, dsSuffix = Nothing}InitFailureRead (ReadFailed (DeserialiseFailure 0 "end of input"))

Should I increase the space on the disk and wait for the re-sync again?

Hi,

Yes, u need to increase the disk space… and for socket issue type

echo export CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH="$NODE_HOME/db/socket" >> $HOME/.bashrc
source $HOME/.bashrc

socket was available after the re-sync, but when trying to check the ledger status - with the below command,

cardano-cli query ledger-state --mainnet > ledger-state.json

I got the following error

MuxError MuxBearerClosed "<socket: 11> closed when reading data, waiting on next header True"

cardano-cli: MuxBearerClosed "<socket: 11> closed when reading data, waiting on next header True"

Can I know how to fix this issue - on getting the socket to be persistent?

My producer node, under gLiveView showed up as Producer - Mainnet, but after I try running any command I get the socket error and the node switches to relay - Mainnet.
Please can I have some guidance, not sure how to solve this issue?

perhaps the node crashed and you see as relay while is starting?
what is the uptime?
also can u type free -m

for socket you can try

echo export CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH="$NODE_HOME/db/socket" >> $HOME/.bashrc
source $HOME/.bashrc

Yeah the path is available, but the socket deletes itself and throws this error
MuxError MuxBearerClosed "<socket: 11> closed when reading data, waiting on next header True"

After running free -m,

total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:           7881         315         231          11        7334        7292
Swap:             0           0           0

Uptime: 00:15:03
But just before this duration I saw the gLiveView was Producer-Mainnet at Epoch 317

Update free -m after adding swap

Mem:           7881         329         382          11        7170        7278
Swap:          6143           0        6143

ok, to much RAM, type this:

sudo fallocate -l 6G /swapfile
sudo chmod 600 /swapfile
sudo mkswap /swapfile
sudo swapon /swapfile
free -m
sudo systemctl restart cardano-node

then let the node to start and try again

Hi Alex,
Still the node shows up as relay node

free -m results

total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:           7881        6742         129           8        1009         864
Swap:          6143          55        6088

Share all output
u should see starting… if u upgraded to 1.33.0 it will take more time to start, have patience

If u see the CPU ~ 100% and the RAM slowly increase… should be fine

Ok now the node, became the producer node,
Screenshot from 2022-01-31 10-04-25
Screenshot from 2022-01-31 10-04-44
And the socket is available in the db/ folder.

Now can I make a transaction to clear my ADA balance - using this method to my external wallet?

And then submit a dereg cert to get stake deposit or is it better to wait for it to sync 100%

Wait for the node to sync… first… then u can send funds to another wallet using the guide … but keep 3-4 ADA inside because u will need for transaction fees when u will deregister the pool, withdraw the rewards, send the rest of the funds

1 Like